How do you decide what your "ride" is?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After making the 3rd p.o.s. Mopar mistake I bought my first Toyota. I will never own anything again from that company, Everything they make is garbage. I will actually probably never buy another American vehicle.
Actually Chrysler hasn’t been an American car company for a while. They were good prior to Daimler and ok during their ownership . Fiat has screwed Chrysler up . Not a fan of anything made by them

Actually Chrysler hasn’t been an American car company for a while. They were good prior to Daimler and ok during their ownership . Fiat has screwed Chrysler up . Not a fan of anything made by them
I’m well aware of the trash company and the many owners that have tried to change them. Mopar was trash long before fiat ever got involved. They should’ve died in 08 ish. Their name and rep sucks so bad they changed the truck brand to a new name. Same junk, different name. They could rename dodge Toyota next time and it wouldn’t improve reliability.

I worked for FCA for awhile, they make excellent trucks and have come a long long way. I'd be driving a RAM or a Charger/Challenger in a heartbeat if I could afford any of them. We had many die hard customers that were screwed over by every other brand a time or another. RAM is working hard to steal away commercial truck sales from Ford. The initial quality is better than Ford and the upfit ease for bodies is the best in the industry. I still get to see trucks I delivered with Knapehide bodies driving by my house every single day.

Even what people thought were horrible cars (2014 Chrysler 200) beyond some interior quirks that I don't like, my dad has put 150k on a 2014 200 and he gets around 40mpg with it and beyond one wheel bearing it hasn't needed any work besides regular maintenance. He never washes it, no rust. The 2016 Subaru I had had multiple issues, including the battery would go dead after a week of sitting, the paint was absolute trash and it was starting to rust with less than 50k, despite being washed and waxed constantly. The transmission was constantly messing up and even with AWD, the car was terrible in the snow and got stuck frequently. Dealership was absolutely horrible. The only thing I'm glad for is that they hold their resale so I could get rid of it.

After years of searching, got my dump truck finally. How sweet it is.
received_977251656196815.jpeg

I’ve had a passion for Jeeps since my dad bought me my first one 33 years ago. I’ve owned several since then. So when I was buying a new vehicle this spring it was an easy choice to get a new Wrangler. Of course it had to be a two door Wrangler as I don’t do 4 door jeeps lol. But I also still have my low mileage F250 quad cab 4x4 diesel for my work stuff.

Attachments

• 723BE824-49A5-4631-BCD3-0EF76916A3E9.jpeg
    723BE824-49A5-4631-BCD3-0EF76916A3E9.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 0FD888B1-0959-4F0A-9ADC-DA59AC711CE7.jpeg
    0FD888B1-0959-4F0A-9ADC-DA59AC711CE7.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 4
I was surprised at the ram 2500s when i was a commercial flat roofer. Maybe a 2008ish towed a 14' enclosed double axle trailer loaded to the max 6 days a week for 250k+ miles but that could of been the needle in the hay stack though. I find dodges interior quality to be poor at best. We got newer rams in 2013-14 and had some trans troubles with them.

A reliable mopar trans?! You just haven’t waited long enough, it will self destruct. The other issues are typical mopar junk issues though 😂

It's an eight speed I think. I drove it several hundred miles last summer and the transmission was the best part of the truck. The seat was the worst. It was like there was something wedged up against my right thigh, giving me a charley horse by the end of the trip. I tease her by telling her she's going to get a Ford Lightning Electric. She give me the, "you're dead to me" look. This is the girl who wore her cowboy boots when I first took her hiking.

I switched from troublesome gm cars and trucks to new Subaru’s in ‘97 it’s been trouble free Subies ever since. One Subaru with high mileage is the dog mobile for vet and walks. The newer Subaru is to go to work for misses. I’m retired for nearly twenty years. I drive tractors and my old Willy’s jeep.

I switched from troublesome gm cars and trucks to new Subaru’s in ‘97 it’s been trouble free Subies ever since. One Subaru with high mileage is the dog mobile for vet and walks. The newer Subaru is to go to work for misses. I’m retired for nearly twenty years. I drive tractors and my old Willy’s jeep.
I thought only tree huggers drove suburus!? 😂 totally kidding HB! I’d love to see a pic of your willys. I drive a new willys and love it.

Attachments

• EC4FBE18-DA96-4D5D-ACE9-A5040E6EBFCC.png
    EC4FBE18-DA96-4D5D-ACE9-A5040E6EBFCC.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 4
Decision is based on:
1: Do I fit in it?
2: Does it feel right? This feeling can be any combination of things, that is hard to put into reason. This feeling that everything just makes sense.
3: Does it have a hitch to appease the misses. I only get her blessing with the ability to pull a trailer. She's a champ!

Once test drove a Mustang GT 2010 with a V8, classic 5-spoke wheels 'n everything.
Most orgasmic engine noise ever and did not even need to put the seat all the way back, not did my head brush the ceiling, but I could never get used to looking in those Mickey Mouse ears on the dashboard.
I would never buy new. Taxes on new cars easily run into the triple digits, and the Americans on this here forum would die of heart attacks if they saw (pun intended) out gas prices.
Just got back down to the equivalent of about 9 dollars per gallon, so everybody here is relieved. 'nough said.

Last year I agreed to buy a sports car sight unseen from an estate for $3k, none of the family wanted it. After 4 months of title mayhem I got a very nice 2000 Mazda Miata that needs minor work.

Bring almost 7ft tall this didn't work at a and while with great difficulty I can drive its completely undoable. Had to have help to drive the car home, but did drive it a few miles around home.

It was a taste of the good life.

Pretty much agreed to sell the car to my little brother and make a little money but lots of frustration and emotion coming back wishing for a fun car.

The engine blew a head or head gasket on my truck, and I had 4 parts engines on hand. Tearing them down for parts and scrap and figuring out what to use for my truck. An incredible amount of work with extremely small rewards.

I'm actually surprised that at some point you thought you'd fit in a Miata. I'm only five foot fourteen, but I'm quite sure I wouldn't try to sit in and drive a Miata. Sorry to hear about your truck.
My knees had the steering about locked and I could just barely use the clutch right with ankle action. I had to hunch over like driving a crotch rocket or my head stuck entirely over the windshield. Due to the leg cramp I had to be pulled out of the car physically.

But I beat it around some country roads and stuff. I could take the seat out and drive it normally but the seatbelt comes out with the seat.

Truck is a huge bummer but was expected. Just not this soon. Getting 4 engines broken down and out of the garage will be a blessing. Even with huge amounts of mods the truck is still really slow and the stuff I need to take it to the next level will cost as much as a decent C4 Corvette (which has less room than a Miata). So I'm playing the line between fixing the truck or "building" it...

Back