How to Kill Ruellia Simplex, Mexican Petunias????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toicy4ya

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Apologies if I am posting in the wrong forum. I moved into my Florida home about two years ago. The former owner had Ruellia Simplex, Mexican Petunias planted in the back yard. Unfortunately, they have become very invasive. From what I understand they are very difficult to get rid of.

Has anyone had any success with getting rid of Ruellia Simplex, Mexican Petunias?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The thing with Round Up, is Mix it according to the directions, DO NOT MIX IT ANY STRONGER

With Round Up, the philosophy of “If a little is Good, a LOT is BETTER “ doesn’t work.
What happens when you mix Round Up too strong is that you burn the leaves of the plant that you are trying to kill, and the foliage dies before the poison gets to the roots. Mix as directed, and have a little patience, let the poison get to the roots, and really KILL the undesired plants

There isn’t much that Round Up won’t Kill, you just have to use it as Monsanto intended

Doug

Back