How to prune a tree with a cactus growing underneath it.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20230610_124719941_HDR.jpgIMG_20230610_124719941_HDR.jpgI basically took some from the bottom. Wondering about the rest of it, if I should take some of the weight from the sides. Or leave it alone.

Leave the Ficus alone. The tree in the front my biggest worry would be how big the base of the limb is at the tree. Try to get a picture of the circled area without the foliage in the way. If you are determined to cut it, you could actually do it with a ladder strapped to the limb, cut off the portion past the cactus, maybe even build something to cover the cactus. At least you don't have to cut the grass.

Attachments

• Willow.png
    Willow.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 0
oh no, I don't want to cut on any of it on my side. The right side is my yard. Its the left side that is hanging on the neighbors yard that I've been concerned about. Its a big nice tree and I love it even though it is alot of work to clean up after. We get some heavy winds and I have read its not considered a strong tree. But I have read its low litter too so that may not be true. I do see alot of mesquite trees with wind damage around after a storm.

oh no, I don't want to cut on any of it on my side. The right side is my yard. Its the left side that is hanging on the neighbors yard that I've been concerned about. Its a big nice tree and I love it even though it is alot of work to clean up after. We get some heavy winds and I have read its not considered a strong tree. But I have read its low litter too so that may not be true. I do see alot of mesquite trees with wind damage around after a storm.
But my tree I believe is a willow acacia. Just talking here, and realized I may be confusing things. 😕

Yes, it is confusing. The limb hanging over the cactus and street is on the right. The left side is hidden by your Flag. So what exactly is it you want to cut. It's definitely not clear, all we are trying to focus on is what you want to cut and give advice on how to do it.

Yes, it is confusing. The limb hanging over the cactus and street is on the right. The left side is hidden by your Flag. So what exactly is it you want to cut. It's definitely not clear, all we are trying to focus on is what you want to cut and give advice on how to do it.

IMG_20230611_140758547.jpg

Oh for heavens sakes! I'm sorry Im not knowing how to do this very well. In this pic its definetly the right side over the two cactus. First let me tell that I am very grateful for your help here. I'm thinking if I start from the end of branch and take some off a little at a time it will be doable. Its not that large of a branch. Just hanging on my neighbors side over his two cactus. I should maybe send one or two more pics so you can see better. ATTACH=full]1089628[/ATTACH]

Here is one from my front porch. You are able to see how it looks in its entirety. Then I will send another from a diffent angle that is showing how it hangs over the cactus. IMG_20230611_140634235.jpg

The neighbor just happens to be the president of the HOA here. He's spoke to me about insurance and liability and that is why I am so worried about it. He's also getting a new roof this month. I know this whole neighborhood has cut down most of the trees in yards and think thats crazy. Don't want to be told I have to remove this one. You know?

Leave it be. You can check with your homeowner's insurance about coverage. I don't know about Arizona, but I think your neighbor is blowing smoke up............. Most policies here have $1,000 for damage to property of others. Also looks like someone has already done trimming on his side. He's probably just one of those people who think they have authority over everyone. I would tell him to pound sand.

Leave it be. You can check with your homeowner's insurance about coverage. I don't know about Arizona, but I think your neighbor is blowing smoke up............. Most policies here have $1,000 for damage to property of others. Also looks like someone has already done trimming on his side. He's probably just one of those people who think they have authority over everyone. I would tell him to pound sand.

Back