How to quote land clearing job?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright fella's I need some quoting advice for a job I received today. I guy i know stopped out because he knew I have bobcat and cut firewood for myself. He wants to hire me to clear off about 200-300 small growing trees in his field. They range from 5" to 12"-14" range there is one maybe 30-35". the gov't is on his butt because he has this land in CRP (conservative land program) where they pay him not to farm it. He has had it in for about 30 yrs now and has never maintained it. Well the state is now aware of this and they want it removed or he gets penalized. So, how should I charge for this. I believe he has already had a quote on it, but says he hasn't. I'm just curious if any of you have way of pricing this. I have done a job like this before but I was a employee so I have no idea on what the job was sold at.
What equipment do you have at your disposal and can you figure out your costs on all said equipment?

Back