How Trees Talk to Each Other.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was given a book, I think the title is "The Secret Life of Trees," that covers this very thing. The book is pretty good, written by some German researcher, but it puts me off with some of the stuff about trees talking to each other. Which kinda suggests, How's it going with you? Oh, I don't know, I've got an itch where that woodpecker drilled in.

Trees do apparently communicate, in a manner of speaking, although interact might be a better term. When resources are scarce they hold off putting out heavy seed crop and somehow interact through the fungi intertwined with their roots. But trees "talking" to each other seems kind of a stretch.

I was given a book, I think the title is "The Secret Life of Trees," that covers this very thing. The book is pretty good, written by some German researcher, but it puts me off with some of the stuff about trees talking to each other. Which kinda suggests, How's it going with you? Oh, I don't know, I've got an itch where that woodpecker drilled in.

Trees do apparently communicate, in a manner of speaking, although interact might be a better term. When resources are scarce they hold off putting out heavy seed crop and somehow interact through the fungi intertwined with their roots. But trees "talking" to each other seems kind of a stretch.
Peter Wohlleben
https://www.amazon.com/Peter-Wohlleben/e/B0045ANKZI?ref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share
Interesting read. Lots of information about the inner working of trees.

Back