How will this work for porting? Mini angled die grinder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
I posted this in the tools section but that must not be a very popular forum.

So I picked this angle die grinder today at a yardsale for $7. From what I have found, it is a very high end grinder selling for upwards of $800.
20200912_133456.jpg
Suhner LWA 80-1 80,000 max rpm, 1/8" collet. It seems to run very well. How do you think it will do?

Is there an all in one set of carbide bits and other accessories needed for porting? I know I will need a degree wheel, and start watching videos.

Any info would be appreciated....

I've got one similar to that one, it's a little big but works on the larger cylinders. The smallest cylinder I've used it on is a 48mm 365. I put a foot air switch on it so I could put it in the transfer and then turn it on.

As far as I know the only right angle grinder that's suited for porting saw cylinders is the one from cc specialty. I have one similar to yours, probably a knock off version. It would only work for the biggest of saws. Ended up being a better paper weight. Can't stand using those right handers. Too finicky and jumpy. Someone should invent a better tool.

Also it's important to be able to shut it off quickly unless you like dinging up transfer ports or bending bits

As far as I know the only right angle grinder that's suited for porting saw cylinders is the one from cc specialty. I have one similar to yours, probably a knock off version. It would only work for the biggest of saws. Ended up being a better paper weight. Can't stand using those right handers. Too finicky and jumpy. Someone should invent a better tool.

Suhner makes probably the nicest flexshaft porting tool you can buy, very expensive. Only thing more expensive is a micro motor flexshaft tool.

Latest posts

Back