HT75 Not Getting Fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torquin

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an HT75 which I put a new carb on a couple of years ago. I don't use it that often and when I went to start it last week, I found that the primer bulb would not pick up any fuel. I pulled the primer bulb off, and it looks new, the diaphragm looks OK also. I do hear a little squeaks when I press the bulb, so I feel like it's pumping out, but for whatever reason it's not sucking fuel in. I though I had a fuel line issue, and when I began messing with them they kind of started breaking, at least the tank grommets did. I just replaced the entire tank and fuel lines, and filter to eliminate those possible problems. Back together and the primer bulb squeaks but does draw any fuel.
What is next for me to check?

Thanks,
Chris

u don’t need primer to start and run in most causes.
does it start with choke? If not did u leave gas in it when it sat?
sometimes primers will start to work once unit isrunning and prime at same time.
if not, may need a new primer base?
use Stihl moto mix premixed fuel or similar if don’t use much.

I have pulled a while on it but no gas fills the primer bulb and it doesn't start. I believe I left some gas in it when I stored it last, but is was empty when I pulled it out.

Thanks,
Chris

Your best bet is a new carburetor. A check vale inside the carburetor body is stuck. You MAY be able to free it by disassembling and soaking it in fresh fuel for an hour as per ZAMA. I personally do not do this do to the difference in labor cost and a low success rate.

New carb installed and all is well now. Thanks again. Cost 18 bucks. Surprised at how cheap it was, and this was a kit with carb, sparkplug, fuel line, gaskets, filters, and grommets for the tank.

Thanks,
Chris

Back