Husky 235/240 fuel cap gasket hack

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjracer

Reaction score
We all know the 235/240 are the “armpit” of husqvarna’s line, but a lot of us have them or fiddle with them over the years and for homeowner or junk saw work… if you aren’t having pesky carb issues, they were cheap and not terrible for what you paid for.

I wanted to share a hack for replacing the fuel/oil cap gaskets on these saws. They have a different thread pattern and o-ring size than pretty much every other Husky or Poulan ever made, which makes getting replacement caps a major pain if they leak, or o-ring crack/break.
Turns out that “Distributer o-rings” from the local auto parts store will work pretty well. I ended up using the “tan” o-rings from the Dorman 90441 package. They are snug on the cap, and close to the same thickness as the worn down rings that were replaced. Better fit than any other O-ring that I’ve found readily available anywhere else.
We’ll see how long they last, but this tiny saw I’m tinkering with isn’t leaking fuel all over my bench any longer. $3 for 4 o-rings, and I can swap them out every year if I have to.
.E9F16A90-890D-4935-9925-1EEE2E577E88.jpeg

Latest posts

Back