• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Husky 254 xp saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobsterlogger

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have 2 husky 254xp saws and a third in box in parts. I have semi rebuilt the 2. Run perfect sometimes and scream when they are running just right. Other times I have to pull the cord a dozen times. What would be a fair asking price.for the whole works. The bars.and chains are perfect. 20 in 3/8. Id like to switch over to all 300 series saws. 2 346 Saws and 2 357 Saws now. Would like to see these go to a loving home.

Very hard to give an estimated value without any pictures, let alone there being issues with them. The value would probably be just a bit above parts saw value, unless you want to take the time to part them out and make more from them.
Basically they are worth what someone is willing to pay, but they are yours and you should set the price and see what happens from there.

Interested, need pics and such like @chipper1 stated.

I'm a 254 fan boy, so they'd be going yo a good home. I wouldn't need any bars either, unless ya just don't want/need them.

254 are great saws, in uk a 1987 saw can go for £200 any day, dont kjow what that is in $ sorry. A very good strong saw, if only they were closer Haha. Keep them and enjoy them

I will sell the 2 saws and a parts saw and spare.parts in a box. As well as a extra walbro carb. If u make me a offer that gets the gears turning well talk. If its a laugher I will take them down. I need not sell them but wouldnt mind thinning the herd and having all 300 series.

Both saws run and oil. 1 is better than the other. I put on new cylinders and pistons last year plus the carb rebuild kit. Cosmetically they are okay. The 1 that has heated handlebars I do not believe the heat works. The spare parts.saw which could be brought back to life with a bunch of spare parts and screws also has heated handles 20211119_120809.jpg

Attachments

• 20211119_120501.jpg
    20211119_120501.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 56
  • 20211119_120450_HDR.jpg
    20211119_120450_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 56
  • 20211119_120520.jpg
    20211119_120520.jpg
    6.4 MB · Views: 54
Your best bet it to just put a price on them. I'm very interested, as the 254 is my favorite chainsaw. I see two decent saws, but I'm not sure what is a fair offer. $100 each? You have a figure in your head, just toss it out there.

As for the new piston/cylinders installed, were they OEM parts or aftermarket? Those details make a difference in what someone is willing to pay.

I'm interested in the lot, just need to figure out what you want for it all.

Your best bet it to just put a price on them. I'm very interested, as the 254 is my favorite chainsaw. I see two decent saws, but I'm not sure what is a fair offer. $100 each? You have a figure in your head, just toss it out there.

As for the new piston/cylinders installed, were they OEM parts or aftermarket? Those details make a difference in what someone is willing to pay.

I'm interested in the lot, just need to figure out what you want for it all.
The bars on these were about 70 bucks at the husq dealer so yeah I believe 100 is out. 4 guys interested. The best offer may take them. Rare saws that actually run and can be used. I may do eBay but they take about 15% off the top. But atleast I could see who is willing to pay what.

The bars on these were about 70 bucks at the husq dealer so yeah I believe 100 is out. 4 guys interested. The best offer may take them. Rare saws that actually run and can be used. I may do eBay but they take about 15% off the top. But atleast I could see who is willing to pay what.

I'd be interested in just the power heads only. I have plenty of bars/chains, and shipping gets more difficult with the bars.

I'll offer $300 + shipping for the saws and parts, you can keep/sell the bars and chains separately.

I will say 500 takes them plus the shipping. Rare and running. And at times they scream when the stars align. Perfect firewood saws that have seen a lot of firewood.
Are you sure about the 500, sounds like you're unsure?
I've owned quite a few of those "rare" saws, as have others in this thread.
So the 4 guys all backed out?

Nope I said make a offer. 1 guy made a offer of 300 plus the shipping. 2 others said name a price. That is not exactly making a offer is it. I have them for sale on the book as well. Already sick of emails nonstop. I may have them rebuilt from scratch and can go under the bench in the storage apartment. That would at least end the dickering. Guy on Craigslist offered $300 plus a 440 saw. Just what I need.
Gotta love the bargaining.
And yeah they are not that rare around here. Except they run. I know a guy who has about 6 of them. All have some ailment but boy does he have a pile of parts and saws. Heated, non heated, functional, not functional. a treasure trove. Bought in Canada after US epa killed them off here

Basically they are worth what someone is willing to pay, but they are yours and you should set the price and see what happens from there.
So doing this :rolleyes: in the beginning may have saved you from two weeks of this.
Nope I said make a offer. 1 guy made a offer of 300 plus the shipping. 2 others said name a price. That is not exactly making a offer is it. I have them for sale on the book as well. Already sick of emails nonstop. I may have them rebuilt from scratch and can go under the bench in the storage apartment. That would at least end the dickering. Guy on Craigslist offered $300 plus a 440 saw. Just what I need.
Gotta love the bargaining.
Never understood why you guys insist on doing this.
It's yours, name a price and be done.
GLWS.

well .....i am in for a few of the Maine lobsters ..have any?.... :) here in Utah fresh seafood is not so fresh and mostly sucks......
I am open to sending lobsters. I just want a fair deal for these saws as well. I have both running well. If u are interested lets talk and exchange numbers. Lobsters aside, if I sell these 2 saws, I will have all 300 series. But I am not going to sell.for lowest offer. If u want them, 2 running and 1 in a box that is nothing but parts and screws, lets talk.

Back