Husky 260 cd problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huskybill

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
We started up the 260 cd finally. Sounds like an enternal cracked sheelmetal inside the muffler. Need to check that first. Ever have a muffler crack inside?

If it’s not the muffler I have a 480 top end that fits it or replace the 260 piston.

Not used the saws you mentioned, but my 056 super had an internal baffle fall apart due to vibration embrittlement. It’s a PITA. After lots of searching and great advice on here I’m trying new piston now because it’s still making the same sound.

does it sound like this or this?

Had a strange rattle in a 440 I just rebuilt after you let it sit and idle ( no bar or chain on it yet) for about 30 seconds, go away when you rev it up and set it down start all over again, chain brake on or not, changed the clutch inner to a brand new one I had and solved the problem, - pulled down an 084 yesterday and there was a loose chunk of metal in that muffler, the spot welded piece that holds the spark arrester in fell off.

Since there are 260 cd/45 mm pistons no longer available in the states I’m guessing what 45 mm piston will fit. I’m thinking about changing the piston and muffler too. I hate to change it over to a 480.

Since there are 260 cd/45 mm pistons no longer available in the states I’m guessing what 45 mm piston will fit. I’m thinking about changing the piston and muffler too. I hate to change it over to a 480.

Yep, you will rub off all that fresh paint stripping it down and swapping things out so that it runs.

It runs but makes noise like a cracked muffler inside a baffle maybe cracked inside I won’t hurt the powder coat.

Take the muffler off and inspect it. I have a couple mufflers here that have broken baffles inside them - so it does happen occasionally.

Latest posts

Back