Husky 266se chain brake assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the helpful advice, I just used my vernier caliper, and measuring the clutch bell/drum circumference against the chain brake in the locked position it's millimetres away from "interference " possibly I could place a washer/spacer at the top of the main spring putting it under more tension, and then being able to gain adjustment with the screw, I have checked seem to have all parts for the assembly, apologies for the long post

Looks a wee bit like the band you have in your photos is a little too large and not forming a full circle- it appears (may just be optical illusion?) to be extending past a circle after the attachment points to the shaft, extending down and starting to curve looks to be too long and possible not sitting in the correct spot at the other end of the band where it hooks into the casting- cannot see that for the chip deflector.

Could it be you have found a band for a larger brake, like that of a 181 or similar?

EDIT: Maybe scratch that last sentence- just looked at a service bulletin for the 181 and it gives the exact same part number for the 181 band as the 266 band.
Thanks for the message, the band is the correct one, my issue is I think that there may be a washer/spacer missing, I am going to disassemble and check from the beginning, the screw button on the top of the chain brake dosn't seem to do anything, not too sure on its use, regards thanks David

Back