Husky 350 Testing Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched a youtube about pressure and vacuum testing. Very helpful, thank you Mattyo. I still had a minor leak which I believe was in my test hose connection. Did not see leaks anywhere else. I think the MightyVac hoses are too hard. I did pressure and vacuum tests at both TDC and BDC. The leak down went from 12PSI to 11PSI in 30 seconds for all the tests. I saw the gauge deflect when I turned the crank. So, that all looks good to me.

I also welded the leaky seam on the inside of the gas tank handle with a soldering iron. Seemed to work good but don't know how strong it will be. Did a pressure and vac test on the tank and it held ok and did leak when I uncovered the vent plug.

The carb kit was supposed to be here today but didn't make it..argh.

FYI, that's a picture of a mangey coyote in my yard on Sunday.

We need a pic of that saw sitting on some wood when you get it running.

Don't let these guys scare you about the clamp. It just takes a couple trys to find the right distance between the tabs so they just clear when you twist it.

Received the intake clamp and the K22-HDA kit. The kit doesn't include any check valves. I will be searching the forums for answers to the questions below because I haven't done this before. Should I be getting new check valves or is there a way to test and reuse the old ones? Do I knock them out to test them? Can I reuse them if they check out OK? Opinions welcomed.

Trying to do pressure pop-off on HDA-159 and no pop-off? No leaks and does hold pressure. Did it dry and wet and still no pop-off all the way up to30 psi?

As explained in my other thread, I ended up shortening the metering spring and got the needle to pop off and reseat ok. I did order a new spring. Saw did start tonight for a few secs but will try to run and tune in tomorrow. This will be my first time do that so I expect to have trouble:)

I turned over saw in every orientation and couldn't find any fuel leak. So that's good, must have been dreaming.

I put the new metering spring in the carb. Could not make it pop off up to 30 PSI. It did reseat and held when I manually made it pop. No carb leaks, installed in saw and fired right up with good idle and good acceleration. Still no RPM meter yet so have no idea of running speeds.

Also, cut the top off the stump of tree I dropped last year. It was 16 degrees.
Problem solved.

View attachment 720758

So saw is running. All done until I decide to do a mod. Ended up replacing fuel line/filter, air filter, carb rebuild kit, carb metering spring, intake metal clamp, clutch drum and a needle bearing, clutch cover rubber guide, spark plug and ignition cable harness.

Thanks everyone. I learned a lot and will have no problem keeping this thing maintained properly and running.

IMG_2121.jpg

Back