Husky 435 Oil tank Doesn't Vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilsonhs

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought my husky 435 in Apr 2012 (SN 083300766). It has been a good saw. I've put 149 tanks of gas through it. Recently the oiler stopped working. I rinsed out the oil tank with gas and then replaced the oiler parts under the clutch. It still didn't work. I filled the oil tank with gas and ran it. A little gas came out. I filed the oil tank with oil and it still didn't oil the bar. It is like there is a vapor lock and the oil tank can't breath. I can't find a breather tube. Any ideas?
Thanks,

Howard

Attachments

• Husky 435 oiler.JPG
    Husky 435 oiler.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
It looks like the pump cylinder needs flipped around. Looks like the outlet hole is on the pump side.

Also you have the worm gear on the other side of the clutch drum?

I bought my husky 435 in Apr 2012 (SN 083300766). It has been a good saw. I've put 149 tanks of gas through it. Recently the oiler stopped working. I rinsed out the oil tank with gas and then replaced the oiler parts under the clutch. It still didn't work. I filled the oil tank with gas and ran it. A little gas came out. I filed the oil tank with oil and it still didn't oil the bar. It is like there is a vapor lock and the oil tank can't breath. I can't find a breather tube. Any ideas?
Thanks,

Howard
I think the pump is on correctly. Only one end is open and the shaft with the rubber fins goes into it. The pump has two holes which end up aligned up and down and the sides of the pump chamber are flat to fit in a plastic bracket. I took it apart again and reassembled it. I'll cut with it today to see how it goes. Thanks for your help. I also watched the oil leak video and I'm putting it back together as shown.

That little white pill looking filter has a duckbill valve behind it. The pill is a filter and the duckbill valve lets air in the oil tank as oil goes out to the pump. Parts 7 and 8.

https://www.partstree.com/models/435-husqvarna-chainsaw-2009-02/crankcase-7/
Also, the oil tank filter is on the bottom of the crankcase. Must remove/loosen the rear handle/fuel tank to get to it and remove/clean it.
Part 9 in the diagram.

Attachments

• 435 oil tank vent #2.jpg
    435 oil tank vent #2.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 8
Thank you for all of your help. I think I figured out the problem. There is a small metal pin (maybe 1/16 inch by 1/2 inch) that goes into a hole which holds the piston oil pump in place (you can see it in the video). My pin was missing. I think without the pin, the worm gear couldn't turn the piston pump. I don't know when it came out, maybe when I replaced the wear plate about 10 tanks of gas ago. I put in a pin from a saw I have for parts and it appears to be oiling fine.

Back