Husky 435 trouble *greenhorn*

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimpleJoe

Reaction score
I'll try to everything this far into this post. I brought my saw out after about a year and I couldn't get it idle or stay running without feathering the trigger. I didn't have an adjustment tool and just needed to cut a downed tree so I could drag it. So I ran it anyway, just a few minutes. My carb adjustment tool came in and I dialed back the idle and both screws all the way. When I pulled the cord it fires right up but now the chain spins at idle and throttle immediately kills the engine. I took the guard off and checked the clutch. It appears to be spinning freely and operational. I should also mention that the primer bulb appears to leak fuel when I use it. It doesn't sound like it's over revving from idle. Taking it to a shop is out of the question but I want to learn about my tools. I'm going to deep clean it today and try to get a look at the carburetor diaphragm. I'm looking for any advice as to what this might be before I start ordering a new carb (or diaphragm) and/or clutch. My concern is that I have a leak and none of that will fix it. Thanks in advance for any advice. I'll be working on this all weekend and will check back here frequently. If there's any questions.

If there are limiter on the carburetor adjustments (from you description it sounds like there are) you need to remove them and open the L adjustment a bit further. That will reduce the idle speed and provide more fuel to help with the acceleration off idle. The leaking primer could easily be a hose that is cracked or rotted, the primer itself is a generic snap in type you can find pretty easily on line.

https://www.ahupd.com/husqvarna-par.../435_(2008-05)_Intake_//_Carb_//_Air_Filter/y
You can also post your questions in the Husqvarna thread in the "Chainsaw Stickies" section, likely you will get more helpful input there.

Mark

I was finally able to get it to idle so low that it cuts out. It's easier to hear a small rattle behind the clutch. I'm going to pull it and inspect the bearings next. The clutch never stopped spinning so this has got to be the issue.

Sounds like it is running lean causing higher rpm at idle resulting in the clutch staying engaged. Replace the primer bulb if its leaking, replace the fuel hoses if they are not snug fitting, kinked, cracked, soft etc. A leaking primer bulb leaks fuel out fuel with the engine off but sucks air in with the engine on causing a lean condition. they are available at most hardware stores

Back