Husky 562xp oil pump drive or clutch drum not sure what i need. Please advise

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarongd

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning AS junkies. I am not exactly sure what i am looking for but i am sure some gurus out there can help. I recently built a 562xp and i am having some issues/questions concerning oil pump drive and/or clutch drum. I have a 562xp clutch drum and i have tried using the PN 577 60 11-01 and 586 20 46-01 oil pump drive (all new OEM) and the oil pump drive cogs/dogs whatever you call it do not seem to want to fully engage with clutch drum. So if i were to install either one of the oil drives with my current clutch drum and pull outward on clutch drum, it will disengage for the oil pump drive. I have 2 ea clutch drums and they both do the same thing. Its like husky made 3 different oil pump drives and 3 different clutch drums. What exactly am i missing here? I cannot even start saw with it like this as it will most likely strip out plastic oil drive. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

ok great. Thanks but according to item 3, i have 3 ea 586 20 46-01 which is the new style worm gear . That being said, the worm gear does not fit my clutch drums. So if i have the old ones, and i have 577 60 11-01, what other PN will fit?

Give me the part number for the drum you have and maybe I can help, but without knowing what drum I'm trying to find a worm gear for there's not much I can do. Or, buy a drum that will work with one of your worm gears and not vice versa.

Back