Husky 562XP worth fixing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J D

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've always been a Husky 3 series guy but I acquired a 562XP (at least the majority of one) & I'm wondering what cost effective options I have to get it going. First up, cylinder, carb, clutch & drum are all missing. Piston is there but is badly scored. After looking there doesn't seam to be a lot of c/p kits on the market... Are there other models cylinders that can be tweaked to fit? Can I loose the auto-tune & fit a standard carb or will that create other problems? Am I going to spend more on parts than I could buy an equivalent used saw for?
Appreciate your advice, thanks

You could easily have $400 in parts if you bought all new OEM. If it's down this far I would put new bearings in it as well, check to make the crank is good first. Pressure and vac test to see if an air leak caused the initial failure.
You'll have to take it to a dealer and have the carb pared to the ignition.
Wonderful saws. I've rebuild many and run them at my seasonal job at the State Park
2stroker.

Thanks guys. I can't pressure test as cylinder & carb are missing. Looking at the piston it appears a wrist pin clip has come loose & gotten intimate with other stuff. Bearings would definitely need doing as it looks to have had water in the open crankcase. Crank looks ok but I haven't split the case yet.
Sitting on it a while & seeing what I can scrounge up cheap sounds like a good plan... I'd really like to know what other saws would be potential donors for which bits so I know what to be on the lookout for.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back