Husky 572xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanedrew

ArboristSite Member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I called around to all my local husky dealers looking for a 572, and nobody had them and said they had no clue when they would get them, so I went to my closest local dealer and got put on a list so they’d call me when they got some in, surprisingly only a month later I got a call from them saying they got 3 of them in, so they kindly set one aside for me and I was able to go pick it up, owner of the store said he was surprised they got in as early as they did and hates they only got 3, which I know is thanks to the pandemic, but super excited to bury the saw in some wood this weekend, had anyone who owns one been liking theirs? Any certain things I need to look out for? What oil fuel mix is everyone running in their new saws? I feel like 50:1 isn’t enough from past experience, I mix mine 40:1 currently, thanks!

I briefly ran a friend’s for a couple hours.
40:1 should be good.
The antivibe is like nothing I’ve used before, it’s really excellent.

He’s a noisy porting hot-rod saw kinda guy, so can’t speak on how performance is in stock form.

I have the 572xp-g (heated handles) and I love it. Up until the point I got it my biggest saw was a echo timberwolf 590. I don't want to belittle the 590 because it is a great saw, but the 572xp is a straight up beast comparatively. I've been running 40 to 1.

Run a good quality synthetic @ at least 40:1. Personally I'd be running 32:1 initially.
Let the saw sit & idle for ~3 mins after startup so the autotune can set it's low end, then once it's properly warmed up make a series of looooong cuts (45-180 sec's) at WOT under constant load. You should hear the autotune adjusting every 45 secs or so & that will get it running optimally

Run a good quality synthetic @ at least 40:1. Personally I'd be running 32:1 initially.
Let the saw sit & idle for ~3 mins after startup so the autotune can set it's low end, then once it's properly warmed up make a series of looooong cuts (45-180 sec's) at WOT under constant load. You should hear the autotune adjusting every 45 secs or so & that will get it running optimally
Appreciate the advice!

Beginning of sumer I got to run one for a wile bucking up logs to load on my trailer, belonged to my buddy that logs. I was pretty impressed by it, but thought it was a tad heavy in hand compared to a 372xp. It had much better power but the 372 I was comparing it to was pretty long in the tooth. I was only about 2 weeks old at the point I got to use it, and he said it just kept running better the more he used it.

Back