Husky 576XP stalling intermittently

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J D

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Saw runs fine, has reasonable compression, doesn't have a blocked tank vent, fuel filter is good. It will intermittently (every few minutes) stall at idle, sometimes almost immediately after a cut, other times when left to idle for a period. RPM will spike just slightly for a split second before it dies.
Saw was left to idle for 3 mins a couple of times with no improvement. Sometimes starts immediately after stalling, othertimes is a PITA to start.
Now to the heart of this post... on inspection I noticed the coil gap was about twice what it should be. After correcting this I gave the saw a good 10-15 min workout without issue. Now I'm wondering if I've solved the problem or if I just got a good run & should still be considering the possibility of an air leak or carb/autotune issue 🤷‍♂️

Saw runs fine, has reasonable compression, doesn't have a blocked tank vent, fuel filter is good. It will intermittently (every few minutes) stall at idle, sometimes almost immediately after a cut, other times when left to idle for a period. RPM will spike just slightly for a split second before it dies.
Saw was left to idle for 3 mins a couple of times with no improvement. Sometimes starts immediately after stalling, othertimes is a PITA to start.
Now to the heart of this post... on inspection I noticed the coil gap was about twice what it should be. After correcting this I gave the saw a good 10-15 min workout without issue. Now I'm wondering if I've solved the problem or if I just got a good run & should still be considering the possibility of an air leak or carb/autotune issue 🤷‍♂️
Yea , never hurts to do a pressure, vac test .

Back