Husky 61 9.5K RPM Maximum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tach seems correct on other saws, for example, 7900 hits the rev limiter at about 13.2K. Tuning by ear it sounds slow and it cuts slow. I have tried several different plugs. Spark will jump a good tenth of an inch. I ordered Caber rings I plan on installing soon. But wouldn't you think 135psi would rev past 9.5K.
does it cut out at all, bog down and die ? i would be very surprised if its ignition, as its the same system just set at different speeds. has the head been off ? and has any sealant on the head gasket partially blocked the impulse line, or the impulse line is leaking ? (new impulse line is https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122716013476 get the 4mm and cut it to length its perfect pipe and cheeeeper than a canary.

Pretty sure the 61 has an impulse hole running through the carb mounting block
yes, it has a slight cut back on the crank case, and a cut out on the gasket , and a hole on the bottom of the cylinder, which feeds to the impulse line, which goes through the carb mounting block

Have you figured anything out yet?

I had a 268xp with 272 topend that did this once. I pulled my hair out till I figured it out.

I had done seals, gaskets, afm oem coils and carbs swaps, carb rebuild and same thing. Would even 4 stroke with H closed.

h268xxp.jpg

I would suspect with having two versions of piston available(with and without windows) there may also be two versions of cylinder, interchange either with the other will result in it running but at about 75% capacity with the off port timing. makes me curious on the torque

Care to share what it was in your case?
Started looking at ring and piston real close. Ended up being ring with weird wear on exhaust side. Ring flutter. New ring ran like a new one again.

One other guy said he seen something like this before in 268 272 thread on my chainsaw repair site. His had a nick in ring.

Started looking at ring and piston real close. Ended up being ring with weird wear on exhaust side. Ring flutter. New ring ran like a new one again.

One other guy said he seen something like this before in 268 272 thread on my chainsaw repair site. His had a nick in ring.
I am going to try a new ring. One reason is I can't find my timing light, LOL.

Latest posts

Back