Husky Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dennis.

It does. I picked up a 385 and a 395 today at a dealer, both with over 20" on em. I couldn't believe how balanced they were. Any Stihl I've seen lately with over a 24" bar needs boogie wheels to hold up the tip.

Harley

Chainsaw fanatic

Hello Harley,
Anyone who buys a 385 husky and a 395 husky in the same day is a serious chainsaw fanatic. Have you got them all apart on the kitchen table seeing what the port timing numbers are? Get your degree wheel and porting tool out, by late tomarrow you can have one of them all ready to run against the 066 owners. or send them to me to modify.
ken

I didn't buy em.......

Yet. I'm seriously considering the 385 though. I don't think I'll ever see a need for the 395, unless I go out west. That thing would look at most trees around here, and laugh.

Harley

Ps. I wouldn't buy from that dealer anyhow, at least not after today.

385 husky

Hello harley,
The 385 is a much better choice. on the 395 they didn,t extend the lower transfer loops down into the case. they used quad loops in the barrel but the case is a 394 case . the 385 will outrun the 395 stock and modified both
ken

to bad about your dealer. some of them are real dummies. if you want i can get you a quote from my husky dealer. he has really good prices

Harley..that 385 is a very, very sweet saw...I spent most of the afternoon listening to one purr outside my store...I wanted to just go out and cuddle with it...lol..and yeah..send it to Ken...your wife might get mad though...you will be spending too much time with your saw...:D

My brain is my second favorite organ

dennis you had already cuddled with my 372 - how could you do that to her - you told me you loved her:) so you look to open up just any saw an tear them apart only to go on to bigger and better things:D

PS. can i start a new argument about bucking dogs (ie. mine are bigger so they are obviously better...lmao):angel:

Back