husquavarna at lowes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
the biggest i saw was i think 340. i dont know huskys so may not be right . didnt see 136- 55 or the 55r. guy said for large saws he would have to place special order.he also said he was of the opinion that the service they plan to offer would fall on its face.he had attended a special course or something at husky
and was real high on the saws. later now

im sure he was high to actually have a real chain saw on the shelf - i mean i can only imagine the square logs they have cut up to come up with a model to fit the lowes product line - lol...

what gets me is they would have to order such and such- what can they order and what cant they? can i go to lowes on a friday night after the local bar and order a 395xp? tell me no and i will still be considered sane...

went back yesterday. they had up to the 359 .including 55 and a bunch more. guess they serious.the lady telling me aboutum explained that their poulan pros were now the homeowner saws and the huskys were for the pros.guess they have to change the name poulan pro to poulan homeowner.:) later now

Tony, I'm just curious. The guy at Lowes told you that he could order you bigger saws? Are we talking 385xp big?

Methos ,we didnt really get specific. i commented that i had heard that lowes was going to handle some of the smaller huskies. his responce was that ,that was correct but larger saws would have to be special ordered.this was at the new lowes in concord nc if my memory serves me right .if u like ill make a point to ask . let me know if i can be of any help.385xp ,ill try to remember.
the dealers around here were told that lowes would have a limited number of smaller saws but the 359 ,i believe i saw ,didnt look small to me. later now

Husqvarna at Low's, and I do mean low's, I know how they spell it.

I went there today for the exact purpose of checking out the Husqvarnas.

They had a ton of trimmers but no saws.

Looks like they are trying to keep the Husqvarna stuff on the other side of the isle from the Poulans, that will not save Husqvarna's marketing integrity.

The smaller shop's servicing capability and willingness to take a risk on the name in the American market in the 70s made them what they are in the American market today. Now they have turned into just another marketing pros-----!

I went to 2 local lowes today in search of another item and stopped by to check for Husk'y
they didnt have saws or trimmers you should have
seen the looks from the people looking at the 99.00 homelites and poulans when i explained to my 10 year old daughter they were disposable >LMAO<

Later,
David

Box store saws

I was in one of the box stores about a year ago, you know, the one that rymes with "rome tea pot". Anyway I was wearing a t-shirt with the Stihl logo on it when a guy asked me what I thought of the Homelite he was looking at. All I did was suggest that he should go to the tool rental dept and see if they had any Homelites he could rent. Before I left the store the guy saw me again (I'm 6'0" and 315 pounds, kinda hard to miss), he said that the tool rental dept only had Husqvarnas. I aksed him what that said about the Homelites.........Hmmmm!

Lowest common denominator

Stopped by my Lowest store here in California. Asked the guy in the equipment department, do you or will you have any Husqvarna equipment in stock for sale. He asked me what a Husqvarna was????? Bear in mind this guy had on baggy pants, and his hat was on sideways, and he had this 40 foot chain on his wallet that was dragging on the ground. I thought "What planet is this guy from, who hired this person, and third as he jumped on the forklift, What would hapen if that chain got stuck in the wheels????Maybe it might knock some sense into this Baboon!!!!

speaking of husky trimmers. guy at the flea sat had two 335
new trimmer motors,in the box. he was asking 80 per.
not me. dont need that kinda trouble.

sounds like theyre all really stupid at the box stores - i think i will start buying husky 385s and 395s from there so i can talk the jobos into a good deal (under the table of course) that way they can really make some money and i can get some nice poulans - wake up people!!!! its the same level of saw that stihl sells for consumers at 1.5x the money....do you think i can buy a 385/395 at your lowes? - if you can tell me the name and phone# of your store ill be a good customer!!!!. put your friggin money where your mouth is!!! and yes tell me they are going to beat the price - then you can talk how they are all going to "screw up everything"....its crap.:angry:

PS. i dont want any trimmers - just xp chainsaws...:blob2:

Well hell, if I can buy a 385xp cheaper then the place I work for sells them, gotta say sorry to our salesmans comission! LOL I'll be at checkout aisle 1, ring me up Lowe's.

went to the husky dealer to pick up a chain,today.
i ask him if he had been over to lowes ,an what he thought of it.
i got a lecture about how lowes could not under sale him and a lot of other stuff , that i didnt really want to know.especialy with his method of presenting it.another place where the guy who i use to depend on is letting other people run the buisiness.
i had the pt number for the chain an he didntt even look at it.
just assumed the dumb customer couldnt possibly know anything.he wont get my buisiness,but he might get somethin else if i had to deal with him much. ill just stay away from him.
yep thats what ill do.later now

ok - on my mission to find a 346xp and a 385xp from lowes i was confronted by their biggest model (carried by lowes) the 359 - it went for $459 and the 55 Rancher which went for $355. asked the manager about ordering the bigger ones - he said cant do it so there. the consumer saws stay at consumer stores and the pro saws stay at the dealers AND the internet. :)

PS. saw today that alamia.com is carrying the 385xp with a 24" bar & chain for $695 delivered (remember no tax on the internet unless your in colorado...)

Last edited:
thats pretty much what ive seen. the guy that told me he could order any saw could either be trying to impress or just was mistaken .either way dont matter to me.if i ever find another
dealer that i have confidence in . im going to him anyway.
not knocking u dealers who know your stuff. i just hate
to see a bewildered look come in the counter mans eyes
when i show him something over6-7 yrs old.makes u want to back outa there,saying hmm i hear my phone a ringing or somthin:) later now

I've checked the local Lowes and Sears, no sign of Husky yet. I did find two interesting Poulan mowers at Sears, one had a sticker with "Electrolux" on it (no surprise, parent company) the other on had a sticker saying it was made by "Fridgedaire"!

Back