Husquvarna 235E, primer bulb fuel line replacement???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Need a Husky expert's advice?
New to me Husky 235E on work bench. Can see that the primer bulb tygon fuel lines are very bad/hard with no life and also the primer bulb not sucking fuel through the carb. Bulb is Ok.
One of the bulb lines (the suction bulb line is going under the carb. (suspect this suction line off or broken under the bottom of the carb because it does not suck fuel?????
Do I need to completely remove the handle and plastic and unbolt the carb to replace these lines? Cannot simply unbolt and pull the carb due to plastic's.
The tygon return line to the tank also needs replaced.

Maybe a IPL or Service manual link would help.

I did a bulb and line replace on a 235 this summer. Remove carb to gain access to them both. Replace all lines while yer at it and the in tank filter.... trust me. Might also be a good time to tear carb down and put a complete kit in it while it is out. I did and got mine running like it should.

I did use the factory line kit so I would not be guessing on the size. I HATE fuel leaks.

I stumbled onto a very precise You Tube video about my question.
Now to try and find a fuel line kit (non China type and the little saw needs a new non-low kickback type chain)?????
No Husky dealers close in my area so have to shop online for non-china parts?

Here is the precise video to get to the carb and lines.

I replaced all the fuel lines with tygon tubing and saw runs great.

Now I need a GOOD 52DL chain for the Husky 235E. It is a 3/8 pitch and appears to be LP?
I forgot to measure the gauge but suspect it's .050
See lots of low kickback types BUT Do not want a low kickback chain.
Can anyone help me find such on-line?

Chevyboy:

Thanks for the info.
This is my neighbors saw (who is familiar with how to use a chainsaw for safety useage) and the little Husky is my first Husky to flog. I'm a Stihl guy.
I happen to have different sizes of tygon and this 235E saw is OEM and has two different sizes of fuel lines.

I'll give Oregon a call about a non kickback chain recommendation.
Want the saw to cut good but not bog. I sometimes take low kickback chains and just grind off the low kickback tangs converting them to standard chains.

Oregon 91VXL052G and the 91PXL052G are both low kickback chains. (long top plate type)

I stumbled across the Husky chain and it might be the non- lowkickback type that will fit the 235E?
Still trying to determine???????
Husqvarna 501847052 Chainsaw Chain H35 14" 52 Dl 3/8" 050

Latest posts

Back