Husqvarna 141 impulse pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK... piston at top dead center...TDC. That is an OEM coil. Notice the positions of the FW magnets as to the coil. Also, in 5th pic, see that little dot or line on the FW face at about the 7 oclock position? That indicates where the FW and crank seat/meet up for proper timing. Also, pull off that yellow wire on coil and try start. That wire is the kill wire going to on/off switch. This will rule out any wires shorting to ground which is what the kill switch does when in off position.

Attachments

• Husky 1.jpg
    Husky 1.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Husky 2.jpg
    Husky 2.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Husky 3.jpg
    Husky 3.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Husky 4.jpg
    Husky 4.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Husky 5.jpg
    Husky 5.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 6
i would compare the key timing marks on old and new flywheel. are they at same position and would try old flywheel. a plug from a know working unit as new plugs can fire and not work

OK... piston at top dead center...TDC. That is an OEM coil. Notice the positions of the FW magnets as to the coil. Also, in 5th pic, see that little dot or line on the FW face at about the 7 oclock position? That indicates where the FW and crank seat/meet up for proper timing. Also, pull off that yellow wire on coil and try start. That wire is the kill wire going to on/off switch. This will rule out any wires shorting to ground which is what the kill switch does when in off position.
From the pics, the FW magnets are so far past TDC, the timing could be too far advanced. Only good check is a timing light while turning the engine over with an electric drill. If you want to pursue it, I can dig out procedure from one of my previous posts. Without a timing light, perhaps someone can provide FW edge gap measurements that give an accurate location of the FW magnets with respect to the coil core at TDC (not to be confused with spacing between the coil and the FW)

Latest posts

Back