Husqvarna 141 no start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I agree. If I had a steady job like before it's OEM without a question. Ya know lemme pass this past you guys. I had to drill out the hole for the fuel line to tank initially before all this started. There was a problem with the plastic for some reason crimping the fuel line shut. Ok. So drilled too next size up, 3/16, then went from tank, filter,new 3/16 hose up thru newly drilled hole, then back to factory 1/8 hose. Here's the question.. Maybe with choke it initially gets fuel but as you pull starter, maybe the two hoses aren't sealed, just enough allowing air in with the fuel, I don't see bubbles suggesting it, but these things being so touchy. Just maybe I should use 3/16 all the way?... What do you guys think...or .am I just crazy now lol

You're not crazy . If you drill the small hole for the fuel line in the top of the tank to 11/64" the 3/16" fuel line will work .
My NAPA dealer sells the 3/16" by 3/32" Tygon F4040A fuel line for $1 a foot .

With the OEM fuel line kits, I cut 1 end at a 45* angle and use silicone spray as lube to help slide it in. Get about 1" inside the tank, spray more silicone on the line outside of tank and grab the inside chunk with needle nose pliers then give it a pull. Cut the 45* off to 90*, spray some silic. on new filter end and up the line and slide filter on. Same procedure at the carb. nipple.

heya Chevyboy hope all is well with you and yours. Still no start on the 141. New impulse pipe plus gasket. She pops every 100 pulls. Plug not well. Metering system setup properly with walbro tool. Even bought a aftermarket carb to test and still zip. Very odd situation. Any tests to be certain it's getting fuel? Like in real time test that your more aware of than I am. Thanks Chevy. Be blessed
Mark
Good morning Mark, I had a similar situation as yours awhile back. On mine, I found that the muffler was clogged internally. I soaked the muffler in a 1 gal. can of carb cleaner for 2 days and that cured my no start. I could not believe how much crud came out of it. No exhaust flow, no start. Runs great now.
Have you tried starting with the muffler off? If it still will not start with the muffler off, that's probably not your problem. Be careful running it with the muffler off for very long if it does start. The saw needs back pressure to run properly. Muffler off running can cause runaway with too many rpms and damage the piston and ring.
You mentioned using fuel line for the impulse hose. That may not work as most hoses are pre-formed with the proper bends and your fuel line may be getting kinked a little. Check that. You might also want to check the tube on the cylinder wall that the impulse hose slides onto for blockage. Raise pistion to TDC and spray some carb cleaner into the tube. Just a few things to try. Good luck and happy holidays.
OT

Good morning Mark, I had a similar situation as yours awhile back. On mine, I found that the muffler was clogged internally. I soaked the muffler in a 1 gal. can of carb cleaner for 2 days and that cured my no start. I could not believe how much crud came out of it. No exhaust flow, no start. Runs great now.
Have you tried starting with the muffler off? If it still will not start with the muffler off, that's probably not your problem. Be careful running it with the muffler off for very long if it does start. The saw needs back pressure to run properly. Muffler off running can cause runaway with too many rpms and damage the piston and ring.
You mentioned using fuel line for the impulse hose. That may not work as most hoses are pre-formed with the proper bends and your fuel line may be getting kinked a little. Check that. You might also want to check the tube on the cylinder wall that the impulse hose slides onto for blockage. Raise pistion to TDC and spray some carb cleaner into the tube. Just a few things to try. Good luck and happy holidays.
OT
hiya Trapper. Hope your day is going well. No, I meant to say the impulse tube is made from what looks like tubing. Green rubbery material. That's factory, and in my opinion, crazy because it degrades with fuel, unless it's silicone?? Yesir, I did investigate the discharge/muffler side rather well from reading about spark arrestors etc. Nah. It will not start even with the muffler off. Like Ive said, I've had stubborn machines before, but always always got at least a chug chug then die. This thing won't do anything. I've had her down to the Piston on the bench looking in with lights etc. Felt like Colombo lolol. Anyway, feeling ok today so maybe I'll take another stab at her. Definitely gonna try one fuel line instead of the two right now. 1/8 into 3/16. Long story lolol..but. You have a blessed day and a Merry Christmas. Thanks again

Mark

hiya Trapper. Hope your day is going well. No, I meant to say the impulse tube is made from what looks like tubing. Green rubbery material. That's factory, and in my opinion, crazy because it degrades with fuel, unless it's silicone?? Yesir, I did investigate the discharge/muffler side rather well from reading about spark arrestors etc. Nah. It will not start even with the muffler off. Like Ive said, I've had stubborn machines before, but always always got at least a chug chug then die. This thing won't do anything. I've had her down to the Piston on the bench looking in with lights etc. Felt like Colombo lolol. Anyway, feeling ok today so maybe I'll take another stab at her. Definitely gonna try one fuel line instead of the two right now. 1/8 into 3/16. Long story lolol..but. You have a blessed day and a Merry Christmas. Thanks again

Mark
Hi Mark, One other thing you might check. Pull the flywheel. See if the woodruf key (should be aluminum) might be partially sheared. If so, that will change the timing of the spark when the magnets on the flywheel go past the coil. Look close. If partially sheared, it could be clearly visible or be ever so slight. Even if you show good spark with a coil tester, it would be at the wrong time with a partially sheared woodruf key.
Also, did you check the impulse port coming off the cylinder wall? The metal tube your impulse hose plugs on to. Run a small copper wire through it. Make sure it isn't plugged up. Good luck.
OT

Hello all. Hope everyone is healthy and well. Not sure what I’m doing, this is my first ever post on any site and I apologize for breaking rules and such but I’m trying my best to learn and grow here. I’ve got a Husqvarna 141 with a WT 660 walbro carb on it. 50:1 fuel oil mix always. 140 psi compression. Keyway intact and sound. .012 air gap on coil and .024 plug gap. Cleaned entire saw and carb stripped carb including needle valves to make sure passages were clear etc. don’t have a walbro tool but I have the metering lever set to just touching a machinist scale. Pressure tested carb before stripping and was slightly wet internals. Held 7-8 psi for 2 hour. Same after rebuild. Only gunk was at screen. Unit will not start. Only a Pop now and then. Exhaust screen/mesh clean. Only thing I did was drilled the tank hole to 3/16. Insert a 3/16 tube with fuel filter then before to gets to carb from tank I stepped back down to 1/8 stock. There was something pinching the factory hose at the hole more towards tank. Could not get to out which is the reason for oversizing the hole. I’m thinking of everything I’ve done so I don’t leave anything out. It’s long winded for sure I apologize and hope not to be ejected from this site for my ignorance. I can’t do much physically these days because three massive heart attacks, Covid and now diabetes has destroyed my once active life. I went from a working out 4 times a week 44 year mechanic to 50 lbs overweight can’t walk much from 29% heart function to only being able to do bench work. Thank Christ I still have that. But. My bench work in the past was more engines and fab work. I am being bested by a chainsaw that by all indication should fire up. I’ve tried the low needle from 1/2 open to 3 turns open. Results are the same. Zip Anyway. If like I said I’m in the wrong spot for posting or I have broken any site rules I am sorry and if my privileges are revoked I do understand. Thanks guys for your time and patience. I wish you all a blessed Holiday season. Vaya Con Dios.

Mark
You didn’t put the carb back together right or misaligned one of the carb gaskets, so that the metering diaphragm won’t work. Or your saws sucking air somewhere/low compression. Have you tried taking the carb apart and looking at an exploded diagram to make sure it’s back together right and also set both jets to default?

Back