• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 181

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a Husqvarna 181. I got this saw from a buddy who went through it and did a woods port on it while he was in there. He also installed a new oem recoil assy. Since I got it I've installed a green weenie air filter setup, a @Mattyo blue hi-top, and an oem full wrap. I also custom made an outer dog to match the inner one, and I made a new inner dog with a provision for a roller chain catcher. I've run it probably 10-20 times since I got it in late 2020 so, with the most recent time being in early April of this year. It runs, cuts and oils well and the only flaw is that the band adjuster on the (working!) chainbrake handle rubs on the wrap and it'll set the brake every now and again. I was going to buy a plastic-flagged cover for it but I'll let the new owner decide what they want to do. I'd like to get $650 + the ride for it with the 36" bar and a good used 3/8 x 0.063 for the same, or $600 + the ride pho.
edit: I took a close up pic of the dark spot on the underside of the case to show that it's just darker mag and not jbweld
IMG_7361.jpegIMG_7362.jpegIMG_7363.jpegIMG_7364.jpegIMG_7366.jpegIMG_7367.jpegIMG_7368.jpegIMG_7369.jpegIMG_7371.jpeg
IMG_7372.jpeg

how about a video of it running/cutting if that is possible? any further details on the port job?
I'll see if I can post a video of it cutting on Youtube, if I can't I should be able to text you one. The port job is pretty minor, my buddy said he just widened the ports a bit and gasket-matched them.

I've got a video of it cutting a few cookies and another one of it "noodling" with the bar buried, if anyone wants to pm me their # I can text them the videos. Full disclaimer, the clutch cover got packed with chips so I had to cut that video a bit short.

Back