Husqvarna 2100 vs 2101

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
???????

One question.....where the F&^K is the serial number on these saws? And does anybody have a IPL for a 2100 or 2101?:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

One question.....where the F&^K is the serial number on these saws? And does anybody have a IPL for a 2100 or 2101?:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

The IPLs are at the UK Husky site - used to be at the NO and US ones as well, but not at the moment.....:censored:

Last edited:
the serial number is on the crank case, clutch side, between the cylinder and muffler..... look down from the top of the saw, not side on.

Serg

.........the husky 2100/2101 is basicly the same saw.

it ran from 1976-1990.

there were alot of little changes along the way, but nothing major.
the bore/stroke remained the same through out.

it looks like chain brakes werent available until 1979 .......

where chain brakes options on these monsters? my serial number indicates that it was made in 1984. but she has no chain break .
Mickey D

most of the ones I every worked on were fuel governed to 11k or less. It's a non issue because it won't rev higher than that in a cut

Any idea what the 2100CD's go for these days? I have one and I've been trying to decide if it's worth parting with or not...

Its value depends on the saws over all quality. Value could range from 200 -350.00 for a used saw. Occasionaly e-bay will sell one for upwards of $400.

Any idea what the 2100CD's go for these days? I have one and I've been trying to decide if it's worth parting with or not...

keep an eye on ebay they are on there all the time
non running parts saw sell around 100 if they are complete

good running work saws I have seen as much as 450 . with 30 shipping

keep your 2100 .youll regret getting rid of it . the are fun to bring out every now and then and rip thru a big stick!!!!
mick

Thanks guys. I've found my 100cc saws don't get used much, if at all. I either grab the larger saws if the wood is real big, or I grab the lighter 85-95cc saws. I'd like to keep everything just to keep the collection growing, but I'm starting to even question my own sanity! :D

I picked up a 2101 this week. This saw is a little too young for collecting, but since one established member of this chainsawcommunity, going by the user name of rope&sa..... stated that these saws eat Stihls for breakfast, I couldn't resist trying it.....besides the price was right up husky ally at approx 200$...:poke::poke:

It has top compression and the insides look clean as a whistle. Only the starter assy has seen some abuse (probably the result of the high compression and no decomp), and I could temporarely fix it. Sure could need a replacement cover though....

I noticed also that the rear cover (XP cover) has a different color fading than the rest of the saw. Could it be from another saw ?

it sports a 25" bar (very common on falling saws here)and .404 chain. quick acceleration and very nice idle, but trying it in small wood, I was not impressed with its grunt. Definately need to try it in some bigger wood though....

or it could be restricted muffler. I had to make a new grill but maybe there are too few holes....whatcha think...?

2101asmall.jpg

2101csmallrear.jpg

2101esmall.jpg

2101gsmall.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed also that the rear cover (XP cover) has a different color fading than the rest of the saw. Could it be from another saw ?

I recently sold a 298XP for my cousin and it was the same way, and I know it was the original. I don't know if the filter cover was a different type of plastic or what, but it did look odd.

Running my 2100CD yesterday. It's woods ported and with the screws out 1.5 turns it's still running 12.8K. Running 32:1 full synthetic.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTjZMQmHwnU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GTjZMQmHwnU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I picked up a 2101 this week. This saw is a little too young for collecting, but since one established member of this chainsawcommunity, going by the user name of rope&sa..... stated that these saws eat Stihls for breakfast, I couldn't resist trying it.....besides the price was right up husky ally at approx 200$...:poke::poke:

It has top compression and the insides look clean as a whistle. Only the starter assy has seen some abuse (probably the result of the high compression and no decomp), and I could temporarely fix it. Sure could need a replacement cover though....

it sports a 25" bar (very common on falling saws here)and .404 chain. quick acceleration and very nice idle, but trying it in small wood, I was not impressed with its grunt. Definately need to try it in some bigger wood though....

or it could be restricted muffler. I had to make a new grill but maybe there are too few holes....whatcha think...?

2101asmall.jpg

2101csmallrear.jpg

2101esmall.jpg

2101gsmall.jpg

very nice saw, but since its not totally pristene and not old enough for you, i think you should send it to Timberwolf to get race ported. you should have one pure evil saw in your collection, just for fun :clap:

very nice saw, but since its not totally pristene and not old enough for you, i think you should send it to Timberwolf to get race ported. you should have one pure evil saw in your collection, just for fun :clap:

I would maybe if TW was not living an ocean away from me. You don't know a source for the cover, would you ???

thanks

roland

Back