Husqvarna 2100 vs 2101

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 2100CD joined the husky family in my collection this week.

It has indeed very minor differences with the 2101XP I have, the only thing I could find was the different spike set up and rubber mount vs spring mount on both saws. I added a newer style muffler (side outlet) and an additional spike on the clutch cover, parts from a project saw I had sitting in my shed.

Awesome compression, excellent runner. Gotta love the spikes on this saw, they really look mean. Only thing missing is the brake band, tough one to find I guess.

I have this series now complete, incl. the 1100CD, 2100CD, 2101XP and the 298XP :rockn:

2100asmall.jpg

2100esmall.jpg

2100fsmall.jpg

Sweeeeet! I like these better than the 3120 personally. I wonder why they don't bring the money that some of the other classic muscle saws do? They are one of the better ones in my opinion.

Sweeeeet! I like these better than the 3120 personally. I wonder why they don't bring the money that some of the other classic muscle saws do? They are one of the better ones in my opinion.

Thanks Hoss. I like this series of saws also.
Imho, these saws are not real collector items as being too young and probably a lot of them are still available. I completed this serie in almost a year.

Good thing is they don't cost an arm and a leg either. The 2100CD was a deal of 130$ including a new chain, but the 28"bar bar unfortunately was shot.

tipa.jpg

"Only" 99cc, so maybe a tad small for some opinions? :chainsawguy:

Hurts just to look at that. :dizzy:

+1 ! The chain would not move any longer on it. Judging by it nice blue color, I was obvious the clutch had gotten pretty hot as well and the clutch spring was "elongated". It's funny sometimes how people can abuse saws to the point of smoking parts and not realise how it happened.... :sucks:

Where are those "KOX" bars made?

Kox is a german online sales company with susidiaries in france, belgium, etc. The bars they sell under their own name are made by Oregon, I believe, and the quality is pretty much OK. Prices are real interesting though for bars and chains, and their service is top notch.

I agree with you 100% on all points! I really like them also.

Kox is a german online sales company with susidiaries in france, belgium, etc. The bars they sell under their own name are made by Oregon, I believe, and the quality is pretty much OK. Prices are real interesting though for bars and chains, and their service is top notch.

Yes, I know the are popular (and cheap) in Germany, and sold online.

If they are made by Oregon, I guess they are OK, but I understand that you are not quite sure about that?

The pattern of the nose rivets looks like it is consistent with Oregon Pro-Lite.

Last edited:
How much would be too much and what would be cheap for this saw

it has a 24'' bar and chain with it the saw runs and cuts great more power than u ever would need the only thing it could use is a stop switch all you have to do is use the choke to stop it but if you wanted to fix it all you have to do is buy a 10.00 switch and pop it in easy to do . call me asap if interested it is a strong saw and for the price you can't buy one a new timber saw would be over 1100.00

3n43me3pb5O25P25R1a6da8f8cf37bfca185f.jpg

3nf3o03pb5O65X35S5a6d825b040814481d1e.jpg

3n33p73lc5T05P55S3a6ddd8a0466794218e3.jpg

I know this is an old post but the internet is forever.. and since others might have a question about it I think its worth adding.

I have a 2101W, it is listed as such on the serial number label. For those of you that know what a wonderful spot it was to put the serial number plate and then NOT to actually stamp the S/N into the plate.. I can only read "Husqvarna" and "2101 W" (there is a space between the 2101 and the W). I can only read the last 3 numbers of the serial number because of the placement of the serial number plate and the stupid exhaust belching on it...

The saw looks identical to another 2101XP as far as I can tell.

It has a full wrap handle on it.. But I do not know what year it is because I cannot read the first part of the serial number.

My guess is someone stamped that 'W' on there.

If'n I was a betting man, I'd say it was "Walkerized"

They did some porting and such back in the day.

They still might be doing it? They were from B.C. Canada if memory serves.

Don't let that XP fool ya, the 1100 and 2100s were right there without the XP sticker!

If stickers made saws faster, I would put a HEMI sticker on all my saws:chainsaw:

you appear to be missing 2100xp in your seriesView attachment 538331 View attachment 538331

Do you have the serial number of that saw - if the recoil cover decal is original, it likely is an early 1987 saw (right before it became the 2101xp by april 1987 or so)?

The xp designation was used about the 2100 much earlier than that though - but then only in the marketing, not on the saws.

Attachments

• 2100XP 79 (1).pdf
    785.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 2100CD XP (Aus 1980).jpg
    2100CD XP (Aus 1980).jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 21
Troll,
Thanks for the speedy reply to this old thread we are revisiting. This 2100XP that I attached pics of just came onto ebay about 24 hours ago, I have seen alot of these saws, the sticker does look very original to me.
eBay item number: have to ask seller to post pic of serial number tag or just type the serial number in the auction.
also this saw on ebay from canada with same 2100XP decal sticker.
eBay item number: this one clearly shows serial number tag MIA and seller states that looks like newer crankcase installed on this unit, looks like an original rewind though.

I just acquired a 2100cd serial number 6090679 that appears to be a very late model 1986 I believe, and it has a chain brake clutch cover with the silver and blue small professional sticker in the upper left hand corner and the large silver and blue decal in the center of the clutch cover and this cover with these decals I thought only to be on the 298xp and the 2101xp but could have been put on this late model original or it may have been changed out as well, so this chainsaw I bought is how I got into searching internet today for some more info on these big bad boys, I have several more 2100 and 2101 but I have not researched my serial numbers of those yet, getting cold out and winter removal of yard stuff has husky collection saws harder to obtain than usual in the small shelved barn shed.

some differences I am seeing on these 2100 chainsaws is the early saws completely without 5th mount at bucking spike, my saw has large heavy duty SPRING 5th av mount at bucking spike, (like 288xp, where as 181xp had none) other 2100's I have seen have RUBBER bushing 5th av mount at the bucking spike.

Back