Husqvarna 2100 vs 2101

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troll,
Thanks for the speedy reply to this old thread we are revisiting. This 2100XP that I attached pics of just came onto ebay about 24 hours ago, I have seen alot of these saws, the sticker does look very original to me.
eBay item number: have to ask seller to post pic of serial number tag or just type the serial number in the auction.
also this saw on ebay from canada with same 2100XP decal sticker.
eBay item number: this one clearly shows serial number tag MIA and seller states that looks like newer crankcase installed on this unit, looks like an original rewind though.

I just acquired a 2100cd serial number 6090679 that appears to be a very late model 1986 I believe, and it has a chain brake clutch cover with the silver and blue small professional sticker in the upper left hand corner and the large silver and blue decal in the center of the clutch cover and this cover with these decals I thought only to be on the 298xp and the 2101xp but could have been put on this late model original or it may have been changed out as well, so this chainsaw I bought is how I got into searching internet today for some more info on these big bad boys, I have several more 2100 and 2101 but I have not researched my serial numbers of those yet, getting cold out and winter removal of yard stuff has husky collection saws harder to obtain than usual in the small shelved barn shed.

That serial number points at 1986 week 9, provided the number tag is "silver" and not black.

Old thread but another 2101W here. 2101W is clear as day on the serial tag and positively a factory stamping. I bought the saw off eBay out of British Columbia about 9 years ago. The muffler was ported down low with a punch! The saw looked like it was left in a box trailer for years when listed.

Upon arrival I cleaned it up good replaced some heavily damaged plastic, fuel line, oiled the cylinder up good, and patched the in woods muffler job.

Saw now runs every few years for limited bucking of large oak logs.

Old thread but another 2101W here. 2101W is clear as day on the serial tag and positively a factory stamping. I bought the saw off eBay out of British Columbia about 9 years ago. The muffler was ported down low with a punch! The saw looked like it was left in a box trailer for years when listed.

Upon arrival I cleaned it up good replaced some heavily damaged plastic, fuel line, oiled the cylinder up good, and patched the in woods muffler job.

Saw now runs every few years for limited bucking of large oak logs.
Good stuff!

"W" is real stuff.;)

I have a shot at buying a 2101 appearance is very clean. Haven’t gotten my hands on it yet to look it over in person. But I have seen it run and man it’s a power house. Guy wants 400 any thoughts on this price?

For $400 running, it’s clean, grab it. These are beasts once you plug the govenor in the carb.

Some of these running or not seem to be kit bashed together, a bunch of different parts.

yes 400 good price deal on a running one of these with no scoring of cylinder and piston, never hurts to try to make a bargain and ask if guy will take 350. I recently paid 350 for 298xp in running condition but then removed muffler when I got it home and found it to be scored pretty severely, no going back at that point, I have since installed NOS p/c on this saw and it is a thumper from hell. 20190919_121054.jpg 20190919_121101.jpg 20190919_121113.jpg 20190919_121150.jpg IMG_6379.JPG IMG_6380.JPG

When ever I purchased a used saw I try to factor in rebuilding it in the price. That’s replacing crank bearings, crank seals, gaskets, cylinder/ piston, rebuild the carb.
These big 100 cc saws are the best that husky ever offered in there day.

Welp we meet on Monday sooooo hopefully pics to follow! Also I have a 36” .404 bar and chain does anyone know if this saw be able to handle it? If not I have a Sachs dolmar 143 I was contemplating slapping it on.....just don’t want to blow up and old beauty (also this would be used for a one time fell)

Welp we meet on Monday sooooo hopefully pics to follow! Also I have a 36” .404 bar and chain does anyone know if this saw be able to handle it? If not I have a Sachs dolmar 143 I was contemplating slapping it on.....just don’t want to blow up and old beauty (also this would be used for a one time fell)
No problem. I run a 36" 3/8 pitch and it's a hungry saw. 404 36" no problem.

I think they were rated from the factory for up to a 60" bar. I don't think you have to worry about a 36".

These 2100/2101 came with 404” chain. It should handle a 36” bar no problem. Anything longer bar wise I’d go skip tooth chain. Don’t try to tame the beast let the saw do it’s thing, no extra pressure needed.

Hi all. I'm fairly new here, been lurking for awhile. Just the lurking was enough to make me cave and buy a 2101. I've searched all through the site but wasn't able to find any info re: the differences between the two models. What changed between 2100 and 2101? To make things more complex, the guy I bought the saw from called it a "2101W" which he says is a 2100 that's been upgraded... Probably questions I should have been asking BEFORE buying the saw, but here we are... So, does anyone know the difference, and has anyone heard of a 2101W, and does anyone know what service manual I should use? Any help, or even words of encouragement would be much appreciated... :dizzy:

Nate

Husqvarna 357XP
Stihl MS192CE (actually it's my wife's...)
Husqvarna 2100CD/2101W (coming soon...)
The 2100 is different in the fact it doesn't have the fifth mount or 3rd member that helped stabilize the hop if it occurs...look at the front of saw under the muffler... and the ol boy is right about the thin rings and double rings... they also made a jungle version of the 2100cd

I thought the 2101 used thinner rings on the piston then the 2100 did?

If the saw was from out here I'd guess the W stood for Walkerized, but maybe the W stands for Wisconsin modified?

Can you take pictures of it and post them?
The thin ring is something I forgot about thanks for info !

Back