• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 242 and 246, Makita 520

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Well, those of you who know my appreciation of the small frame Husqvarnas might be a bit surprised by this, but here we go. Looking to sell my 242xp (with 246xp starter sticker) and 246, both PHO. Both are in very good cosmetic shape and feel like they have good compression. I have realized that it does me no good to have a dozen saws sitting in my garage, not being used, on some notion that I am "saving them for the future." So I guess you could call this anti-CAD.

The 242xp is a curious bird. Best as I can figure out, it has a 242 cylinder on it, being a Gilardoni 241B casting. Case is 242xp per the tag. Starter is 246xp, with threaded (not self-tapping!) non-OEM machine screws holding it on. New(er) spur sprocket, new choke lever. I bought this a while back, finally fired it up last week, drained it, and that's it. I have NOT cut with it.

The 246 is the saw I got from bplust. Again, same story - I got it, I have fired it up last week, drained it, and that's it. I have NOT cut with it. The threaded hole in the case for the front screw of the top cover seems a bit wallowed out - it kinda grabs, but not great.

And while we're at it, I have a Makita 520 I bought from another member on here, added a new air filter and A/V bushing retainer screw thing (whatever it is called, it's the thing located beneath the oil cap). Saw starts, runs, cuts, and oils the bar and my garage floor equally well. Nice saw, would be a great camp/firewood saw, or a saw you give your kid or whatever. With some ported 50cc saws in my collection as well as a lively non-ported 346, I just don't see me picking this saw up often. This one is also going PHO.

242:

246:

520:

00000_8D9TJvGRxpr_600x450.jpg

01313_6k49nQzUjw_600x450.jpg

01717_etzKkl8H56W_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_6Mwa1elNOqS_600x450.jpg

Asking $280 shipped on the 242, $255 shipped on the 246, and $150 shipped for the 520. If additional pics are needed, please ask - I have a fair number of 242/246 pics that I can email to you, if you wish.

Paypal Gift/Friends&Family only, and I'll ship FedEx ground to a physical address CONUS.

Computeruser, you probably should delete the add if these are sold. Otherwise and update is in order. LR

Latest posts

Back