• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 254xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thumb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Husqvarna 254xp for sale in rather nice shape. Has the hda-120, 3 piece clutch off a 262xp and has the larger oem dawgs on it. Ill add pics of it with the inner and outer spikes in the morning. Asking $425.00 shipped lower 48 pp f&f or add 3%IMG_20220412_192636.jpgIMG_20220412_190843.jpgIMG_20220412_192420.jpgIMG_20220412_190850.jpgIMG_20220412_190856.jpgIMG_20220412_190902.jpgIMG_20220412_192627.jpgIMG_20220412_192632.jpg

Screenshot_20220619-212841~2.pngInside the circle is a threaded bolt hole, that the owner before me may have tried to fashion a muffler bracket just like what is on the 261& 262s. It will thread a m5 bolt. Im gonna probably go ahead and fill it if nobody knows about a different muffler bracket that goes in its place. So if anyone happens to know why a perfectly threaded m5 bolthole is located on a ridge where it would be difficult to start a drill to tap a hole. please let me know. Thank you for pointing that out r black.

View attachment 997162Inside the circle is a threaded bolt hole, that the owner before me may have tried to fashion a muffler bracket just like what is on the 261& 262s. It will thread a m5 bolt. Im gonna probably go ahead and fill it if nobody knows about a different muffler bracket that goes in its place. So if anyone happens to know why a perfectly threaded m5 bolthole is located on a ridge where it would be difficult to start a drill to tap a hole. please let me know. Thank you for pointing that out r black.
I think he was referring to the missing bolt that holds the muffler to the cylinder on the recoil side.

huh I must have had it off at the time but I'm still kind of interested in this other bolt it's right on a ridge high one and a shallow one so unless there's another type of bracket to hold on these mufflers other than the 262 which I think it'll be too low I'm not sure.16557625910745468521084325292465.jpg16557625727326007742639208000851.jpg

huh I must have had it off at the time but I'm still kind of interested in this other bolt it's right on a ridge high one and a shallow one so unless there's another type of bracket to hold on these mufflers other than the 262 which I think it'll be too low I'm not sure.View attachment 997401View attachment 997400
The 254, 257, 261, and 262 all use the same crankcase. They are also the ONLY models that use that crankcase. Both case sides/halves.
Typically the 254 would receive a PTO side case half at the factory without that hole. But not all circumstances are typical. Also the case half(s) may have been replaced since the saw was built. The muffler bracket for the 257, 261, and 262 all utilize that hole for the muffler bracket. The exception to the rule is the 254. All 254's I've seen use the bracket that is currently on your saw. It could also use the two point bracket like some 55's and some early silver tag 266's that connect the flywheel side crankcase hole only to the flywheel side cylinder bolt on the muffler. What is pictured on the saw is very similar to a 266 XP/SE bracket only a bit smaller in size.
For the above mentioned reasons, Husqvarna makes that a dead hole on the PTO side so the bar oil does not leak out of the chain oil reservoir when that case half is used on a 254.
The other hole in the front of the crankcase is always used regardless of model so it is drilled directly into the chain oil reservoir. Oil will leak from that hole if there is no bolt to close it.
In regard to the missing muffler retaining bolt, or cylinder exhaust bolt, it is somewhat common for them to vibrate loose and fall out during use if the muffler retaining bolts are not re torqued after initial installation with a fiber exhaust gasket.
The fiber gasket collapses ( shrinks ) when it gets hot, so re torquing muffler bolts is a must once the gasket gets hot and shrinks. That rule applies to all mufflers that use a fiber gasket, but in particular to those that use long heavy bolts/screws that are subject to movement from the excessive cylinder/chassis vibration under high RPM.
Failure to keep the muffler retaining bolts and muffler bracket bolts tight often results in cracking and muffler failure from the extreme vibration of the cylinder normally caused by the non buffered chassis at RPMS in excess of 12,000 RPM.

oh okay thank you for the info but it does look like it was missing during the photo but I do have it in the saw as we speak and I'll go ahead and put a screw in that one hole thank you for that

That's a clean saw, I wish my 262XP was that clean!
my 262 XP has the HCA 87 the ks non decomp cylinder the three prong clutch the larger bucking spikes of course a unlimited coil and I've died the entire saw black, and powder coated the crankcase black and with the silver handle and the silver and blue decal set along with the Tsumara lightweight bar. it really is one of a kind and stands out. I'll have pictures within the week. I'm still looking for a tsumara bar at least a 20-in I think I like it to be 3/8 pitch and 050 gauge full chisel if anyone thinks different please let me know.

bumped to $400.00 shipped don't know if I mentioned it but it does have the 262 three-prong clutch the HCA 120 the unlimited Ducati coil and a new caber ring with a new piston from Little Red Barn. new lines and filters.

Yeah, I don't know what it is about my 262xp, But it runs faster and cuts quicker than anything else I've got, It is the first saw I grab for just about any chore.

yeah those things are amazing I wish I knew somebody that could do a poor job on mine that I could trust the last guy on arborsite that I actually sent mine to he barely even touched it and charged me $150 his name was like mountain or Blue mountain I've got it in the messages somewhere. I just want this 262 to be something else

my 262 XP has the HCA 87 the ks non decomp cylinder the three prong clutch the larger bucking spikes of course a unlimited coil and I've died the entire saw black, and powder coated the crankcase black and with the silver handle and the silver and blue decal set along with the Tsumara lightweight bar. it really is one of a kind and stands out. I'll have pictures within the week. I'm still looking for a tsumara bar at least a 20-in I think I like it to be 3/8 pitch and 050 gauge full chisel if anyone thinks different please let me know.
I have a 20" or 24" 3/8" x .050" reduced weight in Sugi Hara. Don't have it in TsuMura. Sugis are preferred a bit over the TsuMuras for strength in plunge cutting. I suppose it's whatever a guy likes. I have new Husqvarna C83 X cut loops for either bar if you're interested let me know.
If you're asking my opinion 20" or 24", I believe it's up to the cutter. Even with smaller saws, a longer reach is often desired to keep from moving a lot.

how much and what are your thoughts on a 24" on a 262" i know itll handle it with the setup but the most i think id want to go is 22"

Back