• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 254xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it's entirely up to the guy operating the saw. I have a few 262 and 254 saws. None are ported, but there are other things that will increase performance besides grinding on the cylinder.
Any of my 254 of 262 saws will pull a 24" full comp In green hardwood. The question is how hard does a guy want to work the saw. Also must remember the bar doesn't need to be buried with every cut.
It's an operator preference. Ask 10 different guys and likely get 10 different answers. And there is no one right answer.
I top a lot with 254 and 262, so for my personal preference, I run longer bars to keep from moving around a lot.

Goodness, do I really need a forth 254xp??? It is my favorite saw after all...

Sure looks like a nice one too. Free bump as I question my thoughts.

Bump taking off large inside and outside spikes and trading out the 3 prong clutch for the regular 2 dropp price to $250 shipped lower 48 pp Friends and family if not at 3% for PayPal charge

Latest posts

Back