Husqvarna 268 won’t start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's an AM coil (Chinese), the timing could be way off, I've had a few that were too retarded to fire. Do a search on how to check the timing with a timing light. A meter won't help and whatever you do, do not hook a meter to the high voltage output of the coil, the short duration of the spark voltage will not register and will probably kill your meter.

My Husqvarna has all the same issues. I focused on the carb and fuel because the saw would start but would not stay running. And there was spark. What was interesting in my case was there was spark but only at low RPMs. You need to take off the pull cord housing, remove the spark plug, connect a trouble light on the spark plug and ground the plug. Then put a drill on the crank shaft nut and run the drill counter clock wise. Slowly at first to confirm you still have spark. Then speed up the drill and see if you still have spark. If not spark at high speed you need a new coil.

That might not be your problem but give it a try. Good luck, Tony

Latest posts

Back