• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Husqvarna 335XPT - Original Owner - SOLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've decided to sell my 335XPT bought new in 1997.
As the pictures show, it has been well cared for and only used to maintain our small residential property.
It has a fairly recent replacement 14" bar and 3/8 x .05" LP chain.

This has always been my favorite go to saw until the Echo 2511t came. The Husky certainly has more rip but the weight of the Echo is more to an old man's liking.

The 335 has become very temperamental about starting, especially after sitting for some time on the shelf. Sometimes gets that same attitude partway through a tank of fuel and cuts out. It was fine on both counts for much of it's life but not for the past few years. It is the model before the fuel primer bulb was added so that might be a clue to what might need resolution. Note that the homemade vented fill caps shown in the pictures leaked and have been discarded and replaced with solid caps.

New piston and rings were installed a short while (runtime) ago just for the sake of a winter project. Nothing stood out as bad.
Compression is good at 150 (cold) and it runs like a bear once it fires, but that can take some effort.
It needs some tinkering and I'm just in love with the ECHO now so I don't have the ambition with other projects on my lengthening list.

Feel free to ask questions if I missed anything of interest.

Looking for offers (plus shipping from New England).

Attachments

• DSCF2158.JPG
    DSCF2158.JPG
    793.2 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCF2159.JPG
    DSCF2159.JPG
    718.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF2160.JPG
    DSCF2160.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • DSCF2161.JPG
    DSCF2161.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • DSCF2162.JPG
    DSCF2162.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 28
  • DSCF2164.JPG
    DSCF2164.JPG
    1,019.6 KB · Views: 34
It will move easier if you put a price on it. Its a really nice looking saw. I dont have a too handle yet.....[emoji848]

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻

It will move easier if you put a price on it. Its a really nice looking saw. I dont have a too handle yet.....[emoji848]

Understood, but not sure on what is reasonable from both perspectives.
Thanks on the complement. It is clean, Unfortunately the older I get the lighter the tools need to get.

Understood, but not sure on what is reasonable from both perspectives.
Thanks on the complement. It is clean, Unfortunately the older I get the lighter the tools need to get.

Ok,

Ill start.

Ill give ya $50

Jk
Jk

Good luck with the sale

Ok,

Ill start.

Ill give ya $50

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji23

Ok,

Ill start.

Ill give ya $50

With the price of gas lately it might take that much to get the Tahoe down to UPS.

I've got my eye on the little echo too. Looking for a used one to modify. I'll raise the bid to 100 on your 335 :)

I have owned two of these, when running right they are little screamers with a 12-14" bar. I find it a very useful saw at the wood splitting pile for trimming down sections that are oddly cut or over length. Check the ignition wire at the coil they like to come unclipped from heat/vibration.

OK, getting a better feel for it, I'd sell it for $125 plus shipping. If interested, provide your zip code and town and I'll check out the shipping cost.
Word of warning, coast to coast shipping price is surprisingly high.

Back