Husqvarna 340 crankshaft bearings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazor

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi! Im rebuilding a 340. I ordered a 345 cylinder kit and new bearings with seals. The problem is that my crankshaft moves sideways a lot. Crankshaft lobes are touching the crankcase. I canot find any problems with the parts. Am i missing something?

Does anybody have the correct measurments for the OEM bearings and seals? I could then check my current bearings :) my originals are allready gone.

Bearings should be close to this unless they complete garbage....

https://www.skf.com/group/productinfo/productid-6202/C3
Seals, I got nothing as there are a few different places that make them, but I have used the overpriced OEM and cheaper aftermarket seals like Farmertec that work just fine.

I think it is time to measure the crankshaft......

It seems that I'm missing part 503926002. Might this have any impact on the sideways movement?

Possible. Depends on the year, sub-model and serial number of your saw.

Is the crank moving inside the inner diameter race of the bearings or is the outer bearing race moving side to side in the lower engine housing? Hence why I suggested checking the diameter of the crankshaft where the bearings sit. And the bearings outer race diameter.

Compare with the SKF dimensions I posted. All he SKF I have used fit perfectly with minute play.

I'll compare the dimensions and post a video of my problem, thankyou!

My aftermarket bearings are 6202NT , made in Turkey , by Das Lager Germany :) so probably they are out of spec anyway.

Sorry about my english! Its not my native language :)

The 340 uses 6202-C3 open bearings. The dimensions are:

Bore diameter15 mm
Outside diameter35 mm
Width11 mm

Possible. Depends on the year, sub-model and serial number of your saw.

Is the crank moving inside the inner diameter race of the bearings or is the outer bearing race moving side to side in the lower engine housing? Hence why I suggested checking the diameter of the crankshaft where the bearings sit. And the bearings outer race diameter.

Compare with the SKF dimensions I posted. All he SKF I have used fit perfectly with minute play.
I uploaded a video of my problem

Center the crank in the block and tighten the cylinder down and it won’t move anymore
Sorry if it's a dumb question but, How is it going to stop the crank from moving sideways? The bearings are moving freely on the crankshaft. No heating or cooling was required to change the bearings. Is it suposed to be like that?

Sorry if it's a dumb question but, How is it going to stop the crank from moving sideways? The bearings are moving freely on the crankshaft. No heating or cooling was required to change the bearings. Is it suposed to be like that?
Yeah the crank is free to move a little bit. But bolting the cylinder down creates a little bit of a load on the bearings and seems to hold the crank in place. You could also Loctite the crank to the inner races to hold them where you wanted. Make sure you put a bit of sealant all the way around the rubber on the seals and onto the case when you stick it all together

Back