Husqvarna 346 pipe build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furray

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I couldn't see any easy way to fit a pipe on a flange that wouldn't result in a conjested inlet and or difficulty in getting the bolts in because there is only 3/16" from the bolt holes to the edge of the cylinder's port. I ended up making a port plate out of 3/8" aluminum and put 4 studs where I wanted them to avoided that problem all together. I didn't find any good answer to how long it should be or how far the exit pipe should be set back. The stock muffler was 2 1/2" deep so I figured I would go with 3" total including the port plate. I put the exit pipe 1/4" back from the end at 25 degrees as high as I could get it on the main pipe so I was able to get more discharge area cut into the main pipe. It's 2 pieces of tubing put together, one 1 1/4" and one 1 1/2" and the outlet is 3/4". I decided to make the gaskets out of copper. Still waiting on an air filter, when that gets here I'll see how it works. I sure hope it does because it was a pia and took a lot of time to make.
003.JPG

Back