Husqvarna 350 and 028av WB

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaybeICut

Reaction score
I acquired a minorly scored and leaking through the crank seals 350 for cheap. The cylinder is just barely scored compared to a few i have seen. Ring was free as well.
http://imgur.com/a/aW0Gu
I watched a video by mastermind saws on "sanding" the scoring out and was going to try that. I just cant decide which piston kit to buy if I decide to try and salvage this cylinder. The cylinder has got a 45 "stamped" on top and has a dished piston(along with measuring the piston and cylinder at 45mm or so makes me think its a 45mm setup). Based on light reading leads me to believe its an epa version. I see one piston kit by lil red barn but my guess is its not the best option. Along with making it run Id like to attempt to put some pep in its step.

So to review what im asking.
Is this cylinder salvageable
The best piston to go with
Am i missing anything obvious

Edit to add: I also have an 028av Wood boss and im having trouble with it once it gets warm. Im no expert and ive only been messing with it for a few days but it seems to want to change its mind when it starts getting warm. Is there some well known part problem for a saw to start being weird when it gets warm, like running erratically im not sure how to describe it. I'll have to mess with it a bit more to be able to convey the problem.

Edit 2: Went outside and ran the 028 for a bit. Messing with the tune after a muffler mod. It was fine for a bit and then it started losing power in the cut, thought i was out of gas, so stopped full throttle, and it died immediately. Pulled it out the wood to check gas level and it was about a 1/4 tank(maybe thats empty im new to saws). As i undid the cap some vapor came out and was dancing around in the tank a bit probably do to the wind. Put the cap back in discouraged and started to hear faint noises coming from it. like pressure related noises. I have seen the tank vent send a little fuel out after rolling it over after filling the fuel. So i thought it couldnt be vaporlock but maybe its from something else. I have a carb kit on the way but its a bit discouraging. If i dont fix it with that ill probably start looking at fuel line filter vent and things like that.

Back