Husqvarna 351 problem

Kristjanj

Kristjanj

Hi everyone!

I'm having some trouble with an old husky 351 that's been sitting for years. Got it for free from a friend, it had a seized engine, P and C were all scored. I gave it a good clean, put new P and C in along with fresh crank seals and it started up alright.
The problem is I can't get it to run properly. I've been trying to adjust the carb but it doesn't work as it should. When i get the high revs to the point where they should be, it bogs and runs lean on the low end. If I open up the L screw, the low end gets better but the high end gets overly rich and the saw won't rev as high as it should. I tried a different carb(not new, it had been sitting for a while aswell) but the problem remained. I tried a different muffler(opened), same problem. I removed the air filter, it ran a bit better but I noticed a mist of fuel spraying out from the air intake while running. The filter itself was a bit wet aswell. Any ideas what might be the cause? I've cleaned the carb, it didn't help.

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

RED-85-Z51

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
The L and H shouldn't crosstalk that much, have you cleaned and built the carb?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Kristjanj

Kristjanj

I would start with a vacuum and pressure test, to see if you have an air leak first, then concentrate on carb.
I'll try to find a way to get it tested. However it idles well, shouldn't the idle be uneven aswell if there's an air leak?
I tried spraying some carb cleaner around the carb and cylinder area but there was no change in rpms...