Husqvarna 351 problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristjanj

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm having some trouble with an old husky 351 that's been sitting for years. Got it for free from a friend, it had a seized engine, P and C were all scored. I gave it a good clean, put new P and C in along with fresh crank seals and it started up alright.
The problem is I can't get it to run properly. I've been trying to adjust the carb but it doesn't work as it should. When i get the high revs to the point where they should be, it bogs and runs lean on the low end. If I open up the L screw, the low end gets better but the high end gets overly rich and the saw won't rev as high as it should. I tried a different carb(not new, it had been sitting for a while aswell) but the problem remained. I tried a different muffler(opened), same problem. I removed the air filter, it ran a bit better but I noticed a mist of fuel spraying out from the air intake while running. The filter itself was a bit wet aswell. Any ideas what might be the cause? I've cleaned the carb, it didn't help.

Any ideas appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

The L and H shouldn't crosstalk that much, have you cleaned and built the carb?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I would start with a vacuum and pressure test, to see if you have an air leak first, then concentrate on carb.
I'll try to find a way to get it tested. However it idles well, shouldn't the idle be uneven aswell if there's an air leak?
I tried spraying some carb cleaner around the carb and cylinder area but there was no change in rpms...

What is the intake clamp situation?

Try double checking the order of the diaphragms and gaskets in the carbs. Also the metering lever height.

Latest posts

Back