Husqvarna 353 won't idlle.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bg boy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
с Hello, I have a small problem:The chainsaw is not idling.I changed the filters, the fuel lines, and cleaned the carburetor.The compression is excellent, but there is still the problem. I also changed the membranes.Should I go to the carburetor and needle plugs (take a complete repair kit)? Greetings from Bulgaria?

Проверете полата на буталото през изпускателния отвор. Ако е добре, тогава тествайте триона под налягане и вакуум.
SCHI will test it, but it worked until the end I just haven't used it for about 2 months and it didn't work when I needed it . I never overheated it to lose compression.

с Hello, I have a small problem:The chainsaw is not idling.I changed the filters, the fuel lines, and cleaned the carburetor.The compression is excellent, but there is still the problem. I also changed the membranes.Should I go to the carburetor and needle plugs (take a complete repair kit)? Greetings from Bulgaria?
What did you do to clean the carburetor?

I don't have a lot of experience with chainsaws but I am good with motorcycles. I'd check all the simple stuff first. Stuff like vacuum leaks, loose gas lines, loose carburator and the gas filter. That filter is in the gas tank on my chainsaws but I have had them mounted externally as well.

Does it run good at full speed?

д Да, р
Какво направи за почистване на карбуратора?

Нямам много опит с верижните триони, но съм добър с мотоциклети. Първо бих проверил всички прости неща. Неща като течове на вакуум, разхлабени газопроводи, хлабав карбуратор и газов филтър. Този филтър е в резервоар за газ на моите верижни триони, но съм ги монтирал и отвън.

Работи ли добре на пълна скорост?

Какво направи за почистване на карбуратора?

Нямам много опит с верижните триони, но съм добър с мотоциклети. Първо бих проверил всички прости неща. Неща като течове на вакуум, разхлабени газопроводи, хлабав карбуратор и газов филтър. Този филтър е в резервоара за газ на моите верижни триони, но съм ги монтирал и отвън.

Работи ли добре на пълна скорост?
I replaced the fuel lines with silicone Oregon.I bought an air and fuel filter, I cleaned the carburetor with a spray for cleaning carburetors and compressed air.At maximum speed it has good power and does not go out.I don't think the idle holes are clogged, because I hadn't used the machine for a while, and it worked perfectly until the end!

Have you tried to adjust the carburettor idle fuel blend, and how does it behave when you do that?

Опитвали ли сте да регулирате горивната смес на празен ход на карбуратора и как се държи, когато правите това?
I tried, but there is no special result.In the meantime, I ordered a complete repair kit with carburetor plugs. At first I doubted the primer bulb, but no was the reason after she changed it

д Да, р

I replaced the fuel lines with silicone Oregon.I bought an air and fuel filter, I cleaned the carburetor with a spray for cleaning carburetors and compressed air.At maximum speed it has good power and does not go out.I don't think the idle holes are clogged, because I hadn't used the machine for a while, and it worked perfectly until the end!
Some carb cleaners can damage the diaphragms. Compressed air can damage the nozzle check valve.
If it has been sitting for some time with fuel in it there may be varnish blocking some of the idle passages

д Да, р

Does that mean that the fuel lines were made by Oregon? Is the carburator on tight?

It seem clear that something is going wrong with the low or idle fuel circuit. If the compression is good and the piston look nice and shiny when you take the muffler off than it just seems like it would have to be the carburetor. As I said I don't now that much aobut chainsaws but I've hot rodded everything from go-karts to Harley's for most of my life. Chainsaws have some unique features as far as carburetion goes. I rebuilt a Husqvarna saw maybe 25 years ago and when I took it apart I was surprised at how the carburetors work on a chainsaw If I remember right it didn't have a float bowl on it. That means sense since you are constantly turning the saw straight up and/or sideways you'd have problems if it had a conventional float bowl. However I don't remember what their solution was so I'd be truly guessing on what may be wrong with the carburetor. I know most chainsaw technicians don't bother rebuilding the carburetor and just replace it. There are plenty of cheap Chinese units on the market. When you get this figured out I'd love to know what wrong with our saw and what it took to fix it.

Това означава, че горивните тръби са правилни от Орегон? Стегнат ли е карбураторът?

Изглежда ясно, че нещо не е наред с веригата за ниско или празен ход на горивото. Ако компресията е добре и буталото изглежда хубаво и лъскаво, когато свалите ауспуха, тогава просто изглежда, че трябва да е карбураторът. Както казах, сега не се занимавам толкова много с верижните триони, но съм карал всичко от картинг до Харли през по-голямата част от живота си. Верижните триони имат някои уникални характеристики, които се отнасят до карбурацията. Реконструирането на трион на Husqvarna преди може да се навърши 25 години и когато се разглоби, изведнъж как работи карбураторите на верижен трион. Ако си спомням правилно, нямаше плаваща купа. Това означава, тъй като като постоянно въртите триона право нагоре и/или страни, ще имате проблеми, ако имате обикновена плаваща купа. Не си спомням обаче какво беше твоето решение, така че аз наистина се досещам какво може да не е наред с карбуратора. Знам, че всички техници на верните триони не си правят труда да възстановят карбуратора и просто да го сменят. На пазара има много евтини китайски единици. Когато разберете това, бих искал да знам какво не е наред с нашия трион и какво е необходимо, за да го поправим.
,Няма проблем, ще Ви казвате каква е причината Общо взето при нас в БГ техници взимат парите да го сменят, а реално само временно закърпват положението.

Лошо, има проблем. Взех parts но в комплекта няма тапи за карбуратор...мога ли да го сглобя без тях или ще е проблем? Явно в България няма толкова малка част...

Тhe problem was solved with a new Chinese carburetor.Thanks for the advice!
Save your old Original Equipment Manufactured (OEM) carb You may find it has a place in the later life of your saw.... As your knowledge of saws grows you may be able to repair it and I feel your chinese carb may let you down. All it will cost you is a bit of shelf space.

Запазете стария си въглехидрат, произведен от оригинално оборудване (OEM) Може да откриете, че той има място в по-късния живот на вашия трион... С нарастването на познанията ви за триони може да успеете да го поправите и смятам, че вашият китайски въглехидрат може да ви позволи надолу. Всичко, което ще ви струва, е малко място на рафтовете.
СI kept it, of course. I have a box of chainsaw parts. It gives me pleasure to repair them.

Back