Husqvarna 359 repair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet the saw is good to go if it’s running and cutting. I’d hang onto it. I love mine. I am in CA and would look at it/update the clamp if you wanted. Or send to this feller who ported mine, but he is up in WA. @Benwa

I should note that I have a couple by @huskihl as well as having attended a GTG at his place and he knows his stuff. But Ben’s waiting list is probably shorter.

Might there be a how to vid on the 359 metal clamp replacement that call for these parts to be replaced. I might just leave the carb alone if it gives
no further trouble.

Attachments

• 359 saw.PNG
    359 saw.PNG
    77.9 KB · Views: 14

Cleaned up the screens on my muffler, filthy. She started right up again. The well used model 48 chain vs the new 80 chain I put on, well I will
replace with another 48 soon. I do not need training wheels at this stage.

Cleaned up around the decompression valve since I don't have the deep 13mm socket to put the new one on and will monitor oil seepage.

Getting the parts ordered for the clamp, partition and impulse line. May attempt to do myself. Will have the carb tune up kit on hand just in case
it acts up.

I thought I was taking good care of these saws 353/359 but both were used and put away wet after some Spring usage. Living and learning.

Attachments

• 20211013_160324.jpg
    20211013_160324.jpg
    353.7 KB · Views: 7
Cleaned up the screens on my muffler, filthy. She started right up again. The well used model 48 chain vs the new 80 chain I put on, well I will
replace with another 48 soon. I do not need training wheels at this stage.

Cleaned up around the decompression valve since I don't have the deep 13mm socket to put the new one on and will monitor oil seepage.

Getting the parts ordered for the clamp, partition and impulse line. May attempt to do myself. Will have the carb tune up kit on hand just in case
it acts up.

I thought I was taking good care of these saws 353/359 but both were used and put away wet after some Spring usage. Living and learning.
Your chainsaw scrench works on the decomp

Might there be a how to vid on the 359 metal clamp replacement that call for these parts to be replaced. I might just leave the carb alone if it gives
no further trouble.
@Benwa video on my saw again :

***you want to replace the clamp before it's a problem, not after. Because after is a piston and maybe a cylinder.

if that saw becomes more than you want to mess with i would be happy to take it off your hands 😀

@Benwa video on my saw again :

***you want to replace the clamp before it's a problem, not after. Because after is a piston and maybe a cylinder.

Man that plastic clamp gives me the willies now. The guy who did my 353 work used a 372 clamp as I recall, something about squish, trimming limiters
and a muffler mod were also done. The aesthetics on the muffler were disappointing, but it runs like a poor man's 346XP now. 359 runs now, but will shut it
down till I get that metal clamp on it.

Attachments

• 20211013_174150.jpg
    20211013_174150.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 11
if that saw becomes more than you want to mess with i would be happy to take it off your hands 😀

Went to the local saw shop and lifted some Echo and Shindaiwa's 50cc saws. They seemed larger and heavier than the 353. No 60cc models in stock.
The Stihls were on all under lock and bar. The price on the new Husky's made me slink out of the store. Going to invest some time and money into the
359. If I butcher it up I will pm you.

Went to the local saw shop and lifted some Echo and Shindaiwa's 50cc saws. They seemed larger and heavier than the 353. No 60cc models in stock.
The Stihls were on all under lock and bar. The price on the new Husky's made me slink out of the store. Going to invest some time and money into the
359. If I butcher it up I will pm you.
Like you said on cost of new saws....I'd stick with that 359 to the end. :)

More infofun courtesy of @weimedog and @spike60

no further trouble.
At the 19:40 mark in the video it shows how I go about doing it. There are a lot of other clamps & methods but this has always worked without flaw for me.

I'm 90% sure I use a 372xp clamp on mine. May have been for a 390xp. Can't remember I bought a pile of them years ago just to have in hand. They fit quite a lot of saws.

At the 19:40 mark in the video it shows how I go about doing it. There are a lot of other clamps & methods but this has always worked without flaw for me.

I

Now I know what folks are talking about when they cut the plastic around the impulse nipple. Great videos posted on YT. Have your contact information. Looks like $50 each way to and
from beautiful Samish Island. Cheap Arse knows his technical limitations and has jars of coins buried here and there in the yard. What does your work schedule look like these days?

This place is better than Christmas!

Just a quick follow up on my 359 refresh. Sent the saw to Benwa and got it back a couple of weeks ago. Ben installed the metal intake clamp, refreshed the carb, and gave it some TLC. The saw is running like a champ and now has sentimental value. Thanks Ben!

Attachments

• 20211129_160913.jpg
    20211129_160913.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 12
Back