Husqvarna 359 running issues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwilkrrs

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So saw starts up ok- runs for a minute or so then seems to choke it self out and not start up again-
let saw sit for a bit and starts right up and does same thing…..

cleaned carb
new spark plug
new fuel and filter
new air filter

So saw starts up ok- runs for a minute or so then seems to choke it self out and not start up again-
let saw sit for a bit and starts right up and does same thing…..

cleaned carb
new spark plug
new fuel and filter
new air filter

Remove the spark arrestor screen from the muffler and see if it is full of carbon.
If so, burn it clean, reinstall and either tune the saw to be not as rich- or mx the fuel to more of an owners manual ratio.

Could still very well be carb, fuel delivery related- but certainly check the screen as a blocked one will cause the conditions you describe.

so the screen is fine- looks great actually.
i cracked the fuel cap and turned saw over on sides and upside down- no drips anywhere. loosend cap until almost off and turned to side- no drips......
no to research the vent line to figure out where it is and what it should be i guess.....

Kudos for listing parts you have changed.

You want to try the things JD mentioned when the saw quits. A plugged vent would cause a vacuum in the tank. Inspect the plug when you check hot spark - a wet plug might further point to the coil.

The inside of fuel lines often get gummy just where they enter the tank. Hard to detect without removing the line.

to prove my ignorance-----

when i crack the fuel cap and turn saw over, it should leak/drip out of the vent hole somewhere?

i dont have any drips when i do this so i am thinking the vent is plugged/blocked?
i dont know where the vent is so i will have to search that......

to prove my ignorance-----

when i crack the fuel cap and turn saw over, it should leak/drip out of the vent hole somewhere?

i dont have any drips when i do this so i am thinking the vent is plugged/blocked?
i dont know where the vent is so i will have to search that......
I think the suggestion is to check if its causing a vacuum within the tank - start the saw, turn it on its side, and open the tank cap a little to let air in - if it still fades and dies, then its not a vacuum lock

Okay, screen all good- jury still out on tank vacuum.
Now you have the fun process of elimination.
Be nice to have photos of the age/type and condition of saw. Does it have the plastic retaining clip on the manifold- or the metal one? Green fuel cap cat muffler? Walbro or Zama carb?
Replaced filter- not fuel line, that would be my first major suspect- fuel line sucking flat and sealing off fuel delivery.
Then manifold and impulse line.

I would check the impulse line on the plastic carb mount , also if it has a plastic carb clamp, ditch that right away and get a metal one. From a 372 or even the thinnest hose clamp from a automotive store.

So insult to injury

i took the saw into work to work on at break- it was vapor locking from the vent not venting
happy I can now search how to unblock vent- I went inside to log into forum and one of Baltimore cities finest helped themselves- 100% my fault- we Haven’t had any issues in the 3 months I’ve been here so I thought I was safe for a couple minutes- I was obviously being watched as the cameras caught her swooping in as I walked inside-
i had the bar and chain off so she only got a power head that wasn’t running well

pretty mad and positive I will never see it again so I am now searching new saws

So insult to injury

i took the saw into work to work on at break- it was vapor locking from the vent not venting
happy I can now search how to unblock vent- I went inside to log into forum and one of Baltimore cities finest helped themselves- 100% my fault- we Haven’t had any issues in the 3 months I’ve been here so I thought I was safe for a couple minutes- I was obviously being watched as the cameras caught her swooping in as I walked inside-
i had the bar and chain off so she only got a power head that wasn’t running well

pretty mad and positive I will never see it again so I am now searching new saws
Saw theft is incredible these days. One of my logger buddies had two Stihl MS 661 saws in his open truck bed and went inside to eat lunch at a fast food restaurant. Fifteen minutes at most went by, but that's all the crook needed to steal one of his saws. Both were almost new. To say the least, that was an expensive big Mac.

Back