Husqvarna 359

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjh1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Having a problem with a Husqvarna 359 . . not wanting to start hot . . so a little info first . . this saw has the Green fuel cap from what I've read means it's a catalytic saw.. it also had the walbro carb with the accelerator pump .. So I've replaced the carb with the ZAMA that I read to use --- does run better -- there isn't anything left in the muffler -- previous owner gutted it.. I've also put on a new coil ... so this is where I'm at as of now.. I did notice that if I take off the cover and remove the air filter I can get it to start ?? Also when I'm trying to restart allI do is pull the choke lever and push it back in to set fast cam only ?? So this is where I need Ya'lls assistance.. Thanks !

pulling the choke and pushing it back in doesn't set the choke .. it puts the throttle on high cam the choke isn't closed..
Correct, pulling the choke then pushing it back in sets the high idle. They will start w/o the high set by just pulling the on/off lever up. Sounds like it could be a low speed jet that needs tuned a little for the hot starts.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Back