Husqvarna 365 upgrade to 372XP CYLINDER GASKET

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Mayers

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about to start the upgrade on my Husqvarna 365 to 372xp 52mm upgrade, the question that I have is do I delete the base/cylinder gasket. It can I know alter the timing, apart from also doing a squish test, any help is appreciated thanks regards David.

Thanks for your message, I appreciate what you are saying, what the saw will be is similar to a Husqvarna 372xpw spec, and I am trying to get some information about the cylinder gasket delete thanks

Thanks for your message, I appreciate what you are saying, what the saw will be is similar to a Husqvarna 372xpw spec, and I am trying to get some information about the cylinder gasket delete thanks

Guessing it is some form of aftermarket cylinder you are using?
Nobody is like to give you exact yes or no- as each cylinder and piston have variations- aftermarket cheap cylinders even more so.
Only way to determine safe working levels is to assemble the saw and soft solder measure the squish with a micrometer in all four "corners" .

In my own experiences, very unlikely the saw will be close to 372XPW spec unless you use the OEM cylinder for one.
Big bore aftermarket are usually just over bored versions of the original smaller cylinder that have no alteration to the ports or port timing, just added diameter and as such often only run comparable to the OEM original diameter- sometimes not even as well as the original smaller OEM ones.
Your saw, your money and your decision though, you are free to do as you feel fit and is needed.

Guessing it is some form of aftermarket cylinder you are using?
Nobody is like to give you exact yes or no- as each cylinder and piston have variations- aftermarket cheap cylinders even more so.
Only way to determine safe working levels is to assemble the saw and soft solder measure the squish with a micrometer in all four "corners" .
Thanks for the message its appreciated, I am using Hyway cylinder 52mm kit with 1yr warranty, I know the supplier for many years, yes I agree will check the squish, I know that it should be somewhere between 18 and 25 thou, all 4 courners good idea, just ordered a new decent degree wheel, as want to be sure all ok as its going 48/52mm 65 to 76cc, thanks regards David.

In my own experiences, very unlikely the saw will be close to 372XPW spec unless you use the OEM cylinder for one.
Big bore aftermarket are usually just over bored versions of the original smaller cylinder that have no alteration to the ports or port timing, just added diameter and as such often only run comparable to the OEM original diameter- sometimes not even as well as the original smaller OEM ones.
Your saw, your money and your decision though, you are free to do as you feel fit and is needed.
Thanks for the message the company I am dealing with known them for 13 years are great and Hyway kit with 1yr warranty, have good reviews with Ironhorse youtube, thanks David.

Thanks for the message its appreciated, I am using Hyway cylinder 52mm kit with 1yr warranty, I know the supplier for many years, yes I agree will check the squish, I know that it should be somewhere between 18 and 25 thou, all 4 courners good idea, just ordered a new decent degree wheel, as want to be sure all ok as its going 48/52mm 65 to 76cc, thanks regards David.
Might not cut any better than your existing cylinder.
If you want an improvement by a real deal 372 cylinder instead of this AM junk.
You can buy OEM for under $200 of ebay.

Thanks for the message the company I am dealing with known them for 13 years are great and Hyway kit with 1yr warranty, have good reviews with Ironhorse youtube, thanks David.
@Red97/Dyno Joe just put the Hiway big bore on the dyno and it makes less power than the standard oem 372 cylinder.
But like mentioned in another thread, you’re welcome to trust whichever internet morons you choose :). Just trying to help and save you some $. Anyone who says they run faster hasn’t timed the cuts or makes money from promoting them

And Ironhorse is a complete retard and a crook to boot.
@Red97/Dyno Joe just put the Hiway big bore on the dyno and it makes less power than the standard oem 372 cylinder.
But like mentioned in another thread, you’re welcome to trust whichever internet morons you choose :). Just trying to help and save you some $. Anyone who says they run faster hasn’t timed the cuts or makes money from promoting them

Come on boys- we all know that Youtube is the 21'st Century version of that book written about some stuff that happened a couple of thousand years back and starts with "In the beginning".
I hear all the stuff on there is Gospel like.

Might not cut any better than your existing cylinder.
If you want an improvement by a real deal 372 cylinder instead of this AM junk.
You can buy OEM for under $200 of ebay.
Thanks for your message it will be better than my existing top end which is only 6 bar about 90 psi, will post my compression and performance feedback when assembled the proof will be in the performance I say.

If I go oem route the saw will be throw away, lets see what happens when its all done, going to be better than 6 bar 90 psi!!!!!!!!!!!

Back