Husqvarna 371 air leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidneycutter

Kidneycutter
Reaction score
This saw was running lean in the cut. Took the carb off and the rubber intake boot/manifold was split- I replaced. Saw still exhibits same lean symptoms and it seems to suck in air between the flange and the carb. Just squirted carb clean on the mating surface and it stalls.
anyone had this problem or similar .. don’t know if I’m barking up the wrong tree.

This saw was running lean in the cut. Took the carb off and the rubber intake boot/manifold was split- I replaced. Saw still exhibits same lean symptoms and it seems to suck in air between the flange and the carb. Just squirted carb clean on the mating surface and it stalls.
anyone had this problem or similar .. don’t know if I’m barking up the wrong tree.
Ur gaskets compromised? If so replace with OEM , aftermarket ones will give you headaches.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong here, I vaguely remember something about those plastic flanges warping causing an air leak.
That’s what I’m thinking. However I did buy an after market boot and it was difficult to insert the support sleeve ..looked like the boot was slightly over sized.

Careful with the AM boot. They’re made of more plastic than rubber and can get soft when hot. But the AM aluminum manifold bracket is an upgrade to oem. Clean up the casting flash a little bit with a file or diamond burr and they are a great piece

Back