Husqvarna 372XP ignition coil... what others fit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Wondered if anyone knows for sure if a Husky 340, 345, and 350 ignition coil will work properly on a 372XP? Are they the same part number?
Some websites don't exactly show what interchanges, but H&L Supply says 340/345/350 will work on a 372.
Anyone know for certain?
Also, many sites show the JRed 2165 and 2166 as having incompatible ignition coils... is this correct?

Looks like the 365 and 359 saws were the same coil as well. So I would think a 2165 should work. I have never swapped coils on a Husky saw, but year model could be a factor as well

The 3 series coils work but the wire is shorter on some.
I ran into this problem trying to fit a 340 coil to a 372 ..just be careful with that .

Ernie

Additionally, every site I look at shows the Jred 2165 and 2166 as having different coils. Can't have different length wires. There would be no reason to do that.

The 3 series coils work but the wire is shorter on some.
I ran into this problem trying to fit a 340 coil to a 372 ..just be careful with that .
ErnieG, how did you resolve the issue of a shorter wire on the 340 coil? Did you ultimately use it on the 372 ?

Additionally, every site I look at shows the Jred 2165 and 2166 as having different coils. Can't have different length wires. There would be no reason to do that.

ErnieG, how did you resolve the issue of a shorter wire on the 340 coil? Did you ultimately use it on the 372 ?

I had to buy a wire from a 372 coil and just replace the wire on the 340 one .
It's about 3/4 of an inch shorter but it's just enough that you can't get the wire on the plug .

Ernie

I had to buy a wire from a 372 coil and just replace the wire on the 340 one .
It's about 3/4 of an inch shorter but it's just enough that you can't get the wire on the plug .
Oh, I thought the wire was non-replaceable on those coils. It just disappears into the top of the coil and appears to be sealed in permanently.

2165 is an unlimited coil. 2166 uses a limited coil. Either will work.

2166 is a taller cylinder so it’s possible that the plug wire is longer. No problem swapping with your old one if it’s in good shape

All the coils from the three series husqvarna coils will work on a 372,The jonsered coils will work as well. The differences is the xtorq wires are longer.Because the cylinder is taller,the fiywheels are the same except the early saws had a lighter fiywheel but they will all enter change.Several places sell loose coil wire.I have a bag full of it if you need a piece let me know. I also have 8 or10 limited coils if you need one of those.

There is one advantage to the new limited coils.They will spark at a slower speed. Some of them are revlimited to 13600 which is about right since a stock 50mm 372 normally revs to about 13500 no load.

Back