Husqvarna 385xp Oiler Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aengus

Reaction score
Hi, I’m very new to chainsawing so please forgive my ignorance.

I was recently running my father in laws 385xp saw with a longer bar as I was planning on doing some milling. (I wasn’t cutting yet, just running the new bar, sprocket and chain in) I had read that it’s good to use a bit more oil when doing running a longer bar.

However when the saw was still idling I used the oil adjustment screw… it’s now totally loose and the threads don’t seem to engage. Have I totally screwed it up? Any idea how to fix it?

I subsequently read the warning in the manual stating never to do this with the saw running. I feel extremely foolish for overlooking this.

Any help appreciated.

Hi, I’m very new to chainsawing so please forgive my ignorance.

I was recently running my father in laws 385xp saw with a longer bar as I was planning on doing some milling. (I wasn’t cutting yet, just running the new bar, sprocket and chain in) I had read that it’s good to use a bit more oil when doing running a longer bar.

However when the saw was still idling I used the oil adjustment screw… it’s now totally loose and the threads don’t seem to engage. Have I totally screwed it up? Any idea how to fix it?

I subsequently read the warning in the manual stating never to do this with the saw running. I feel extremely foolish for overlooking this.

Any help appreciated.
It isn't a screw per se, it has a few detents it clicks into as I recall. As for setting it, I have no clue as I haven't ever futzed with my 372's oiler.

Ah that’s interesting, I’ll try to get the clutch off and have a look at how the “screw” fits in to the pump mechanism

The advice to not adjust the oiler while the saw is running is purely safety oriented, doing so can't da.age anything.
The "screw" is retained by a pin or clip that you will probably find has broken or popped off

Thank you that's reassuring, I'll take a closer look properly at the oil pump and see what's going on, I just need to wait for the a clutch removal tool to arrive.

Latest posts

Back