husqvarna 394xp ignition coil bad?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn man

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
just got a 394xp at an auction and it wont start. So far i drained the fuel and put fresh fuel in it, and made sure the spark plug was good. The spark plug has no spark in the saw, i put it in a different saw and it had spark. I was going to order a new ignition coil and see if that does the trick. Any way to eliminate other things it could be? im kind of newer at working on saws.

I’d check the ignition wires. Unplug the blue wire at the coil and check again. And make sure the flywheel magnets and coil lobes are clean
cleaned the crud off the magnet and unplugged the blue wire from the coil, put the recoil back on, and 1 pull it fired right up... so do i need a new wire or ignition switch?

cleaned the crud off the magnet and unplugged the blue wire from the coil, put the recoil back on, and 1 pull it fired right up... so do i need a new wire or ignition switch?

Probably switch (if the wire feels continuous within the insulation and the insulation is not missing or cracked anywhere), Husqvarnas eat kill switches about as often as the drop recoil screws. :laugh:
You can test both wire and switches with simple electrical tester/meters- or you could shove one end of the wire into the phase/active/live hole in a socket and the other end in your mouth, flip the switch to "on" and you should feel if the wire is good. ;)

Latest posts

Back