Husqvarna 395XP bar oil leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alte Schwede

Reaction score
I have a newer Husqvarna 395XP that wakes up in the morning in a puddle of bar oil sometimes. I have checked for leaks several times, and found nothing that I can see. It only happens sometimes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Try loosening the oil cap a little before you put it away so any pressure that may have built up can escape. Or, you can just accept the inevitable truth that Husqvarna saws leak bar oil when they sit. Some don't leak a lot, some will empty the tank overnight, but they all leak oil.

Try loosening the oil cap a little before you put it away so any pressure that may have built up can escape. Or, you can just accept the inevitable truth that Husqvarna saws leak bar oil when they sit. Some don't leak a lot, some will empty the tank overnight, but they all leak oil.
Thank you for that tip. I will try it.

If you look inside your oil tank there should be a long plastic line that comes from your bar mount area to the oil cap area and should be facing up to the highest area of the tank rather hanging down into the oil- they are a stiff plastic with a bit of a bow in them so they can be turned and the end usually ends up above the oil fill somewhere... might not be it but worth looing at.

If you look inside your oil tank there should be a long plastic line that comes from your bar mount area to the oil cap area and should be facing up to the highest area of the tank rather hanging down into the oil- they are a stiff plastic with a bit of a bow in them so they can be turned and the end usually ends up above the oil fill somewhere... might not be it but worth looing at.
Thanks for that tip. Maybe if I just lay the saw bar-side down, the oil won't enter that tube.

Is it only doing it after a cutting session, or will it just drain the whole &$#@ tank?

If it’s the first, that’s normal and unavoidable. You can mitigate it with better quality bar oil. If it just keeps peeing for days, you have a real leak. Time for new oil lines.

Is it only doing it after a cutting session, or will it just drain the whole &$#@ tank?

If it’s the first, that’s normal and unavoidable. You can mitigate it with better quality bar oil. If it just keeps peeing for days, you have a real leak. Time for new oil lines.
So far, it is the first one.

Back