• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 40

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This is a Husky 40 that has been here a good number of years. It came from a homeowner locally but that is all the history I have. I have not tried starting it but it does seem to have decent compression. It has a broken AV spring on the right side. I am assuming that is why they stopped using it but that is just my assumption and will not assure that. I think $50 plus UPS is fair. The UPS rates are not bad on the small saws.

I have a bag of spare parts from a dumpster husqvarna 40. They're not the prettiest, but could be nice to have stashed somewhere. Maybe a carb in there.

If sold within the 48 states, I'll offer them up to whomever buys this Husqy 40 Bill is selling. Either split shipping or I'll pay the whole way.

They aren't going to do me any good, but I hate tossing good plastics and metal away.

Well UPS is going to be here Tuesday so I would really like to get it on the truck. The damg thing out to be worth $40. I doubt shipping is over $25 to the coasts and $18 in the midwest..

I received the saw today and the parts box Monday. Thank you @Bill G and @HumBurner for the next project. This ol’ saw is from 1985 and needs some love. This one has definitely been sold!

On a side note, Bill REALLY knows how to pack a saw for shipping. Holy smokes was there some care put into it! It was packed in a manner I would expect a brand new $700 saw to be.

I received the saw today and the parts box Monday. Thank you @Bill G and @HumBurner for the next project. This ol’ saw is from 1985 and needs some love. This one has definitely been sold!

On a side note, Bill REALLY knows how to pack a saw for shipping. Holy smokes was there some care put into it! It was packed in a manner I would expect a brand new $700 saw to be.
Thank you! I want things to arrive in as good of condition as possible. Many years ago when I was in High School kids were paid well at 4AM to "catch boxes" before class as they were tossed from the UPS plane at MLI. I can say sometimes those kids were not as good of a catch as they thought. When my middle son was in college he worked at the FedEx terminal and I have heard the stories. There is a standard test of 6ft. The box had better survive multiple drops from 6 feet.

Back