Husqvarna 435 mystery problem

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQman99

Reaction score
I've been trying to fix a Husqvarna 435 that was ran with strait gas I've replaced the piston cylinder base gaskets and crank seals. has great compression but wont idle I tried adjusting the carb not a huge change so i bought a rebuild kit as well as an aftermarket carb witch both made no difference i have good spark checked flywheel gap air filter went over all the lines and intake and cant find any air leaks any ideas are much apricated

What did you gap the coil at? is the fuel hose kinked or the filter in a corner angled up? whats the compression reading? did you reuse the original cylinder? when it shuts off at idle is the plug wet or dry?

What did you gap the coil at? is the fuel hose kinked or the filter in a corner angled up? whats the compression reading? did you reuse the original cylinder? when it shuts off at idle is the plug wet or dry?
I'm using an aftermarket cylinder the coil gap is .010 fuel lines are kink free and the filter is normal I don't have a compression gouge but it feels great the plug had a light coat of oil on it but nothing crazy I think it may be due to assembly lube.

This post sounds similar to the one I had a few weeks ago. I never did get the 435 to run right, overhauled the cylinder, put on a new carburetor, sealed the bottom end and put new crank seals on it and it seemed like a waste of time. It would start and run for a few seconds and die. I checked all the fuel and impulse lines, etc. I also checked the flywheel key and it was fine. The only thing I didn't try was maybe the ign. module was producing the spark at the wrong time but it did have spark so I didn't replace it. If you get yours going let us know what the culprit was..

I just finished with a 445 Husky. Did all the same things to get it to stop surging and idle properly. I rebuilt the carb, cleaned the spark screen, changed the primer bulb and lines, gapped the flywheel ignition, checked all the wires and fuel lines and filter, still same problem. Finally took out the old champion spark plug and put in a Bosch and it runs like new! Simple things first. Mike

I'm sure I went through several spark plugs on the 435 and it never made any difference. Mine seemed fuel related but I never did get it solved even with the new carburetor.

Yes, but did you keep replacing Junk with Junk(Champion)?

I know that the 2 Stroke Quads we had (Honda 250R’s) wouldn’t run worth a Schitt with Champion plugs, no matter how many BRAND NEW plugs you tried, use NGK’s and they ran Awesome

Champion Spark Plugs are Great,…………..as Fishing Weights, uhm, actually, they weren’t that great in that application either

Doug

I may have missed it but can you show me where you said you changed spark plugs
I may have forgotten to write it down but I changed plugs at least three times, but I haven't used Champion plugs since the old Homelite days...I have Bosch and NGK, have also tried some new Chinese plugs but I'm not too fond of them...I ended up using the new NGK plug.

By the way rupedoggy, I looked it up and on my first post is where I said I changed the spark plug. It wasn't on this set of posts, it's on my post that I started back in March..The title of my post is "Husqvarna 435."

Carb manifold is fiddly and tricky to get airtight on 435/440 it is very easy to have it just a tad out of alignment. Worth a check
That's one thing I didn't take off, just looked at it closely more than once. Yes, it's a possible problem but the saw didn't appear to run lean, if anything it seemed a bit rich.

Latest posts

Back